PDA

View Full Version : Brain Age Review

wraggster
April 15th, 2006, 12:24
Gamespot have done a review of the Brain Age Game. heres an excerpt:

Since the heady days of arcade favorites such as Asteroids, Pac-Man, and Missile Command, people have claimed that video games can help sharpen your reflexes and keep you thinking fast. But there never seemed to be any hard science to back it up. Over 20 years later, Nintendo's releasing a product for the Nintendo DS that is squarely aimed at that hard science, making the claim that playing Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day can "make your brain feel fresh and sharp." Well, we're not scientists, so we can't necessarily prove or disprove that claim, but as a budget-priced game, Brain Age is strangely compelling, even though its very nature is brutally repetitive.

All in all, Brain Age is a quirky and unique product that's worth taking a look at, largely thanks to its budget price. Whether or not it's improving your mind or just improving your ability to perform its specific tasks is ultimately unclear, but there's currently nothing else quite like it on the market, and fans of logic puzzles and other basic puzzle games should enjoy it quite a bit.

Full review here --> http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/brainagetrainyourbraininminutesaday/review.html?sid=6147704

Vegetable
April 16th, 2006, 01:26
Personally I think it's crap. It's always recognising my numbers as other numbers, and I read faster than the reading analysis will allow.