PDA

View Full Version : Tyl Totaly Trashes on Monkey

BrettRocksMan
April 16th, 2006, 00:16
Any one see this in tyls forums
this is totaly rong of them to say it is pointless i love the idea of playing n64 games on psp and i think Monkey will be the one to make that happen.

any ways heres the link read it for your self.

http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1144352305 :mad:

tsurumaru
April 16th, 2006, 01:00
Any one see this in tyls forums
this is totaly rong of them to say it is pointless i love the idea of playing n64 games on psp and i think Monkey will be the one to make that happen.

any ways heres the link read it for your self.

http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1144352305 :mad:

I think that they were expressing their personal opinions that they thought it might not be achievable, however if you read the rest of the thread Laxer3a does concede that JIT implementation may produce great speed increases.

bizarre
April 16th, 2006, 01:44
I think that the n64 emu is pontless, im sure it wont reach a playable speed, and the only game i want to play is super mario 64, thats all.

DPyro
April 16th, 2006, 01:48
Mario 64 will be playable once PSmonkey gets it running right on M64 :)

BrooksyX
April 16th, 2006, 01:52
PSmonkey is still just working on the base of the emu so we cant even judge how fast it will become. I think once he does get the 3d working correctly we will get a pretty good idea.

Dmill
April 16th, 2006, 05:11
F@#$ you all if you dont support monkey get of his forums... stay out of his business.. and if you werent interested and you thought it was pointless you wouldnt have came to this site to check on his progress so stop badmouthing... no one could do the work he has done in that little of time nor for free.. so unless you hand out money to the poor, and do tons of community service... stop your da## bad mouthin.. and for those of you that think hes takin to long... start doin it yourself and i would like to see how well you could do it you inbreds

cloud_952
April 16th, 2006, 05:19
I think this thread should be deleted. ^^; Honestly, that's another forum, where people were expressing opinions. If you don't like their opinions there, go deal with it there. Why are we dragging the argument here? This is just going to get a bunch of people mad and start an argument, something that happens all the time here anyway.

Just my opinion.

PSmonkey
April 16th, 2006, 05:41
guys guys guys. Calm down. They are not trashing me. They are still very unsure about it.

Truthfuly any coder would be optimistic about running n64 games at playable speed on the psp. The only people who are not are thoes who actualy know the n64 in and out. They are less optimistic and more feel its doable but will require alot of work.

wraggster
April 16th, 2006, 09:52
Yeah its going to be hard work but remember that Corn a Nintendo 64 emulator was playable on a Pentium 166 with 32 megs of ram and a 4meg graphics card and more than just Mario would run. Then you also had Ultrahle which needed the extra 3dfX card but nearly the same specs.

They were both coded in ASM and using techniques to get certain games running better but if you look at them and the PSP then it should be possible.

But you are going to have to be patient, rome wasnt built in a day.

pkmaximum
April 16th, 2006, 15:33
I agree a project like this takes time. As my professor sais "slow and steady wins the race, fast and clumbsy and you will fall on your face". pretty corny but I do have faith in PSmonkey otherwise he would not be working this hard.

BALL_SAC
April 20th, 2006, 08:44
Those guys are very unsure about it obviously... but most people have pretty good faith in the monkey 64 emulator.