View Full Version : nesterdc help!!!

roms
April 16th, 2006, 03:51
well im kinda new to this emu stuff but i have made a great cd-r of dreamsnes that works great and im having trouble on making a cd-r with nesterdc can anyone help me???

this is the situation...
1. i burned a cd-r with nesterdc on it, but when i load it in the dreamcast it says there no games in the games dir.

2.when i made my dreamsnes disk all i had to do was add the roms into the games folder. but there isnt one in the nesterdc folder??

3. do i need to load the emulater in the dreamcast first then swap it out with another disk that has the games on it ? if so how do i make a cd-r with just the games???

4.is there a way to make just 1 disk like i have with the dreamsnes??

plz help me someone i wanna play all my old fav nes games!!!!!

VampiricS
April 16th, 2006, 05:09
Ok well first which version you tried to use? Either way just use the latest SE version that can be found here:

http://www.sch3rz0.com/nesterdcse/

Then take the time to look at the documention, aka readme files. And yeah you can do a CD with the emu and games all on the same cd. In fact that version even lets you download and view the box arts, manuals, and screenshots of most of the games. And other features.

Just take the time to read everything there is included with it and it will be allright.

roms
April 19th, 2006, 02:47
ok i followed all the rules nd the thing loads up but when i go to view the library theres no games in it

RobertHMayfire
April 19th, 2006, 19:23
Okay I'll give this question a stab.

Lets say we put our NesterDC SE in C:/NesterDCSE.

1.) Put all your games (.nes files) into C:/NesterDCSE/GAMES

2.) Run NesterDCSEBuilderWx.exe that is in your C:/NesterDCSE folder

3.) Make sure your ROMs Path: is C:/NesterDCSE/GAMES

4.) Set your Master Library URL is set to default or type http://www.sch3rz0.com/nesterdcse/master_library (type master library as master_library)

5.) Pick your CD Image Format. I prefer the DiscJuggler format since I can't find Nero 5.5. Any Nero 6+ has not worked for me.

6.) Choose which things you would like to have included with your burn. (Cartridge Scans, Game Genie code, Title Shots, etc.)

7.) Click START BUILD

8.) After it finishes making your CD Image it should automaticly start your DiscJuggler. Pick your drive and burn at a slow setting lower that 12x speed. And burn.

Depending on what NES roms you pick. It will ignore NES files the Master Library doesn't have and not burn them. (Like game hacks, some Japanese games that were translated) But, it should reconize all US games.

I hope that helped.

roms
April 20th, 2006, 23:40
ok do i make a new folder named C:/nesterdcse/games or is there already a folder to put the roms in ?

or should i just download all the roms all over again but save them to c:/nesterdcse/games?

RobertHMayfire
April 21st, 2006, 02:59
You have to make the games folder. And if you have the roms there on your PC you can just move them to that folder.

I just said C:/nesterdcse/games as an example for us to be on the same page incase something pops up and you have a new question.

roms
April 24th, 2006, 20:03
ok i have a folder already titled nes roms but i cant have them in subdirectories right?
like for example:

i cant have them in a folder like C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms?

RobertHMayfire
April 24th, 2006, 20:15
Well you can. You just have to make sure the ROM path for NesterDCSEBuilderWx.exe is C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms

Just make sure all the roms are in nes roms. No...

C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms/dragon warrior
C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms/baseball stars
C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms/super mario bros 3
etc.

roms
April 25th, 2006, 06:11
ok but that is exactly what i did when i made the first cd and no games were in the library ?

RobertHMayfire
May 4th, 2006, 05:01
Making sure we are clear....

you are not doing....

C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms/dragon warrior/dragonwarrior.zip
C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms/baseball stars/baseballstars.zip
C:/john doe/ my documents/nes roms/super mario bros 3/supermario3.zip

right?

When you use NesterDCSEBuilderWx.exe what does it say and what options did you pick? (manuel, game genie codes, screenshots, etc)