PDA

View Full Version : iPlayer Converts Video On The Fly For Nintendo DSi and DS Lite

wraggster
July 15th, 2009, 22:31
New from Consolesource (http://www.consolesource.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=209_0_3_11)

http://www.consolesource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/iplayer.jpg

iPlayer is a media player card for Nintendo DSi and DS Lite which is built around a high-performance video decoder chip which allows realtime video decoding at the hardware level. The iPlayer is capable of playing the most common video formats including AVI, RMVB, MOV, DIVX, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, ASF OR WMV on your Nintendo DSi and DS Lite without any awkward conversion process.

Just copy your media files onto a MicroSD card ranging in capacity from 2GB up to 16GB, insert the MicroSD into the iPlayer and then insert the iPlayer into your DSi or DS Lite and enjoy!

Order the iPlayer for Nintendo DSi and DS Lite today from ConsoleSource.com.

Flygon
July 16th, 2009, 10:23
Whats the point, DSi brew is just around the corner.

Sonny_Jim
July 16th, 2009, 13:47
The point? Ok, I'll bite.

Even if DSi homebrew was 'just around the corner' (hint: it isn't):

1. You'll still have to wait for someone to rewrite moonshell/whatever to use the DSi specific features.

2. You'll still need to convert avi's to DPG or similar as the DSi is still not powerful enough on it's own to play avi/divx

3. This cart works on the DSi anyway

4. Not everyone wants to buy a DSi

5. It's a cool cart, it's got 32MB RAM onboard that is used for buffering the stream. I'm hoping that this RAM is usable by the ARM9.

ChaoticanarchyX
July 16th, 2009, 22:43
I've got one and lemme tell ya, its taken the place of my once sacred Cyclo. This thing rocks, granted some of the videos may get that "digital blended" look but thats due to the DS limitations itself. Some games like doom and Quake 1 and 2 seems to have sped up a slight bit on loading and playing (I said SLIGHT, not a whole lot.) And a cool thing is you can download the source code off the website (for all you coders out there.) If i knew how to code I would to right to work on the games I just mentioned to take advantage of the CPU and RAM on it. Also the really another cool thing is..... IT DOESNT PLAY COMMERCIAL GAMES! So the Big N can't say oh this thing is used for pirrating... uhhhh NO it can't, unless you grab the source code and start to code it to play commercial games, and then thats you and not the Iplayer team making that happen. And thats if they dont have some sort of fail safe in it to prevent commercial roms being played in it. im wondering what the homebrew web browsers could be like with this, and not to mention many other homebrews. The only thing I could put down on the Iplayer is that the thing is beefy in cartridge size. It's a little bit of a tight squeeze getting it in and out of my DS, but I can live with that.

update: Ok i hate to do this, but this thing just died on me in the middle of trying fandian and it was starting to act really buggy this morning. So I have to say unless theres a bad batch, stay away from it. I just ate 50 bucks on this, I guess this is a reason i should stay cyclo strong....

Update 2: I have gotten another one and keeping a close eye on this one. One thing I have allready noticed is this one doesnt have the tight fit like my first one was having. So far nothing has blipped, chirped or farted so I'm hoping I just happend to get a retarted one off the line. I hope (REALLY REALLY hope) that was the case, I really want to stand behind team IPlayer 100%. Only time will tell.........

Sonny_Jim
July 20th, 2009, 14:23
you can download the source code off the website

There is a copy of the DLDI source code, if that's what you mean. DLDI only refers to loading/saving stuff off FAT, so we still have no idea of what's going on internally.

I highly doubt that the source code for the iPlayer will be released as it probably contains copyrighted stuff (ie stuff iPlayer have a license to use, but only to distribute in binary form).

ChaoticanarchyX
July 21st, 2009, 04:37
Damn, your right Sonny. I got too excited and read that all wrong XD
Thanks for correcting me on that.