PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Case DS Port Put On Hold

wraggster
July 16th, 2009, 23:12
Fans of the incredible Flower, Sun, and Rain (really, you’re missing out if you haven’t played it) will be disappointed to hear that the game’s prequel, The Silver Case, which was being ported from PlayStation to DS, is now on hold. Or rather, the port is complete but Suda doesn’t want to release it.

Speaking with Cubed3, Suda explained:

The DS version of “Silver Case” is still up in the air. Actually the game has already been completely ported to the DS, but I have decided that the game itself is very old. Therefore, it is certainly necessary to remake it properly to fit in with the current generation of gamers. So, for now the game has not been released.

While I can see why the game would need to be remade for the DS, I’m not sure that’s in the cards right now, what with Suda’s attention divided among No More Heroes 2, the EA project and probably Natal after that. Frankly, I’ll take what I can get, so if Grasshopper don’t have the time, they’re welcome to put out the completed port and I’d gladly pick it up just to experience another one of Suda’s mind-boggling tales. That, and I really want to see how it ties in with Flower, Sun & Rain.

On the brighter side, though, he did have some positive things to say about the prospect of another game starring Sumio Mondo.

If there is a chance, of course, I would like to make adventure games, but I have no plan right now. However, I am interested in making a new Mondo-related story for new hardware.

Not sure what he means by “new hardware.” Is he referring to Natal? Personally, I feel portables are the way to go for adventure games, but hey…I’ll go where Sumio does.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/16/the-silver-case-ds-port-put-on-hold/

JonnyTanna
July 31st, 2009, 16:11
I don't see why he cares about the current generation of gamers. The majority of modern gamers think Halo is a good game.. He should just release it as it was intended.

If anything, release it in Limited Numbers. He's not a mainstream game maker anyway.