PDA

View Full Version : GPS april 20th?

benh
April 16th, 2006, 18:50
It was announced that sony was pushing the release date for the white psp back to april 20th and when asked they said for undisclosed reasons and also an ad from japan was leaked showing the psp using some kind of GPS software but no adaptor was in sight. So could the new white psp have built-in GPS.

CoderX
April 16th, 2006, 20:57
Omg stop with this gussing.

The only way to find out is to wait.
Stop posting rourmes and fakes

Im sick of it

Jonesyxxiv
April 16th, 2006, 21:27
I hope not cus i dont want to have to buy a new psp to use gps

pspfan
April 16th, 2006, 21:30
Wraggster,

I think letting every coder post news wasn't a great idea. This is a good example. I used to be able to count on DCemu only providing the 100% proven true news. Also, all the news used to be researched pretty well. This person probably got this from pspupdates, where if he had actually read the comments, he would have seen that it was most likely just and add for some "Map Software" for the PSP, not a GPS. Also, he didn't cite his sources. It's obvious that he didn't get all that info by himself--I mean, come on, he definitely didn't ask Sony why they postponed the release...I think the purpose of coders being able to post news should be soley for posting their releases. Or there should at least be some rules for posting news, like researching the news, and citing sources.

I am in no way flaming you, benh, you probably didn't know any better.

Drunken
April 16th, 2006, 23:08
Wraggster,

I think letting every coder post news wasn't a great idea. This is a good example. I used to be able to count on DCemu only providing the 100% proven true news. Also, all the news used to be researched pretty well. This person probably got this from pspupdates, where if he had actually read the comments, he would have seen that it was most likely just and add for some "Map Software" for the PSP, not a GPS. Also, he didn't cite his sources. It's obvious that he didn't get all that info by himself--I mean, come on, he definitely didn't ask Sony why they postponed the release...I think the purpose of coders being able to post news should be soley for posting their releases. Or there should at least be some rules for posting news, like researching the news, and citing sources.

I am in no way flaming you, benh, you probably didn't know any better.

heh agreed :D i usually read through the news like every day or every 2 days cause well sumtimes there is stuff actually interesting... but when ppl get sum BS well... ppl like me arent very happy :) but anyway ppl who want to post on news should have those posts examined or sumthing

b8a
April 17th, 2006, 06:13
I agree with the posts above, but with one minor difference. Usually "real" coders are sensible people and reliable sources of information, so I don't think there's any harm in giving them posting privilages. I think the real mistake is in automatically calling anyone who releases a Lua app or game a "coder". They are, more accurately, "scripters", and most scripting languages are so easy to use that you can become sufficently proficient in them in a matter of days. Automatically granting "scripters" a "coder" tag paves the way for anyone to simply knock out a quick Lua app, post it on DCemu, and then start mucking up the front page with highly questionable posts like this. Plus, I don't know how the "real" coders feel about it, but it seems a little insulting that you would group people who have to work very hard to get the technical proficiency to bring us a non-Lua app with Lua scripters who can knock out apps with very little work and technical proficiency. The "coder" tag has, for better or for worse, carried a certain ammount of credibility with it until recently. When guys like this started getting the tag, it lost a great deal of that.

grin.ch
April 17th, 2006, 19:43
yea, but then again, when you're a coder or a scripter, you still make games. ppl like me who have never even made a game are after that title b/c it's provides a sense of accomplishment. You know? I would be proud if I made the crappiest LUA game simply b/c I coded my 1st game and to me, that's exciting. So to get that label, (coder) well, that would be awesome! b/c technically, if you make a game no matter how basic, you still programmed it. I do agree with you, b8a, inasmuch as the coders with years of experience vs. the LUA programmers. It's too bad they [DCEmu] don't offer a "Junior Coder" label for the less experienced.

benh
April 17th, 2006, 22:06
sorry i wont post any more rubbish like this

pspfan
April 18th, 2006, 00:11
I agree with the posts above, but with one minor difference. Usually "real" coders are sensible people and reliable sources of information, so I don't think there's any harm in giving them posting privilages. I think the real mistake is in automatically calling anyone who releases a Lua app or game a "coder". They are, more accurately, "scripters", and most scripting languages are so easy to use that you can become sufficently proficient in them in a matter of days. Automatically granting "scripters" a "coder" tag paves the way for anyone to simply knock out a quick Lua app, post it on DCemu, and then start mucking up the front page with highly questionable posts like this. Plus, I don't know how the "real" coders feel about it, but it seems a little insulting that you would group people who have to work very hard to get the technical proficiency to bring us a non-Lua app with Lua scripters who can knock out apps with very little work and technical proficiency. The "coder" tag has, for better or for worse, carried a certain ammount of credibility with it until recently. When guys like this started getting the tag, it lost a great deal of that.
I agree with that. And I didn't say no coders should have news posting rights, I said that I don't think it was a good idea to give them to every coder. I definitley respect the "real" coders, as you call them, and I think they should be able to provide us news, and I agree it's mostly the first-time LUA coders that would be the questionable news posters. That "Junior Coder" label might be a good idea for coders with only a few small apps/games, but it could also make them mad for being called lesser than the other coders... :/

And benh, I'm glad you understand what I was saying :)