View Full Version : Study Finds Delinquent Behavior Among Boys Is "Contagious"

wraggster
July 18th, 2009, 12:12
According to a new study, if everyone else was committing a crime, you would too, at least if you are a boy. The 20-year study showed what every grandmother could tell you; children from poor families, with inadequate supervision and bad friends were more likely to end up in juvenile court. What was more surprising is that exposure to the juvenile justice system seemed to increase the chance that the boy would engage in criminal activity as a young adult. "For boys who had been through the juvenile justice system, compared to boys with similar histories without judicial involvement, the odds of adult judicial interventions increased almost seven-fold," says study co-author Richard E. Tremblay.

http://science.slashdot.org/story/09/07/17/1834235/Study-Finds-Delinquent-Behavior-Among-Boys-Is-Contagious

i actually agree with this from what ive seen over the years

VampDude
July 18th, 2009, 15:24
I like where it says "children from poor families" because that is quite often the case, I'm lucky to the fact I had a decent upbringing in which I was never in any trouble (except with my parents obviously).