PDA

View Full Version : Iris mapping without owning Quake

PSPKOR
April 17th, 2006, 12:36
This is almost an add on to Produkts tutorial on Iris mapping but in this case it is setting it up so that you dont need the Quake game. Firstly the files you need are the same as in Produkts tutorial so go to Produkts tutorial and download these 4 files:
GTKRadiant 1.4.0
Q3Radiant Build 202
Iris Build
Iris Example Map files

Now before you install any of the files first make a folder called quake. Now install GTKRadiant 1.4.0 and Q3Radiant Build 202 and on the prompt where is Quake located just select the folder you made called Quake.
Then extract the textures folder from the Iris build into the folder Quake/baseq3/textures. Then put the Iris example maps into Quake/baseq3/Maps. Then copy the whole baseq3 folder into the Quake/tools. Then go into the new baseq3 folder and cut the scripts folder and paste it back a folder, so in Quake/tools.

Now carry on with Produkts tutorial. When you finished your map in GTKRadiant 1.4.0 extract it from Quake/baseq3/maps to Quake/tools/baseq3/maps Now do the final bit of the tutorial load your map up in Q3Radiant Build 202, then go into bsp and fullvis your map, and your .BSP map will be in the Quake/tools/baseq3/maps.

Big thanks to Produkt for his tutorial. Now every one can make maps no excuse.
Hope this is O.K if you have any problems just ask

DPyro
April 17th, 2006, 16:08
LOL...seems so much easier to just have Quake 3 :)

PSPKOR
April 17th, 2006, 16:33
Yeah would be but I tryed looking arounld for it but I counldn't find it in the shops near where i live, so i fiddled about with it till it worked. :D
But it would be a lot easyer to have Quake.

DPyro
April 17th, 2006, 17:27
If you look around the net you can find it Link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000296ZD/qid=1145291155/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1269485-0894556?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=468642)

Produkt
April 17th, 2006, 18:57
I have an alternative quake which is free and easyer to isntall....

Open Arena

get it here http://moddb.com/scripts/out.php?dl=1509&mr=2

Install it, but install it in c:/Program Files/Quake III Arena/ and the editors will just assume its a full quake 3.