PDA

View Full Version : homebrew problems 2

katachristic
July 18th, 2009, 21:23
i just made this new thread to clean things up since i have either figured out or abandoned most of my problems
it was stupid to post them on different forums or threads since they are all rather closely related
so here is how im going to organize this before i go mad or shoot myself

1. im going to keep talking on the making homebrew b/c that one managed to stay on topic
2. i will also continue talking on the sd explorer thread even though it is now about dvd burners
3. i will post all other homebrew problems under this thread

im going to go do something relaxing like play guitar, punch brick walls, or visit fml before my bipolar kicks in and i batter the monitor w/ this keyboard.:)

katachristic
July 18th, 2009, 21:30
okay i cooled off a bit (my hands have the scars to prove it) and im ready to start over.
this is the last post from my original homebrew problems thread
i highlighted, copied and pasted it so yes it looks ghetto but that is a quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampDude
Why don't you just rip your DVD movies to your SD and be done with trying to watch movies on your Wii via DVD.

You don't have a burner? Did you buy your PC in the last century, like in the 90's? Every PC has a CD/DVD burner, I rip and burn upto three movies to a single disc (not saying how though) and my Wii can read... Though my Wii reads all my DVD's, including Dark Knight which I watched just the other day.

All with avoiding the cIOS crap, listen to BlueCrab.

With the problem of your DVDx, I would say to re-install after deleting (using Any Title Deleter to delete).
END OF QUOTE

first off now i am going to do away with the dvds and go completely sd (although i would appreciate a PM telling how u fit 3 movies on 1 disc)

second it turns out that my computer has no dvd support at all.
i would like to change that however
i can make software changes but i am not screwing with my hardware right now.
can the normal CD drive on my computer run dvds via some kind of software?
if not i might just buy a dvd burner that runs seperate and plugs into the CPU

third i have updated my although its up to 4.1 now

fourth i cannot delete dvdx b/c the safety nets wont allow me to

and lastly i did not buy my computer in the 90s
i built it in the 90s out of spare parts from my dads computer

im sorry if anything was repeated but im starting to lose track of where i have each issue posted b/c i say one thing that leads to another and then nothing is under the right thread.
perfect example is my sd explorer thread which is clearly no longer about sd explorer.

to recap everything i will make one list here and now:

i no longer care about dvdx or sd explorer
i have long since deleted anything having to do with those god awful wads
i have upgraded out of the dark ages and into the shining light of 4.1 (which coincidentally gave an increase in speed)

i still would like help with
homebrew browser (unable to initialise FAT subsystem)
Wii64 (error occurs when loading roms)
i would also like to discuss dvd burners

i think i will open a new and copy this post to it just to clean things up
thank you for dealing w/ me i am indeed aware that i can be a pain when i get pissed (especially since ive been waiting for my perscriptions to be refilled)

VampDude
July 18th, 2009, 22:17
bipolar

Same, though like me you should cool it... Eat jelly beans or something. :cool:

-/-

You need to buy a DVD drive, they are relatively cheap to buy (starting at £7/$12).

A normal CD drive cannot be modified by software to read/write DVD's, though if it could be done the PSone would have been awesome (Final Fantasy IX on one disc).

- -

As for Wii64, you will have errors almost entirely as it's not finished though abandoned(?).

- -

Three movies can go on one DVD disc as a movie, using software. Though you can fit three movies on an SD if you purchase a 4GB card (cheap on eBay - £6/$11).

- -

For your Homebrew Browser, I think you should format your card to FAT32 if it cannot function with FAT.

katachristic
July 20th, 2009, 05:53
ok to recap

dvd drive is cheap:)
how would it work though?
would it plug into USB?:)
or would i have to take stuff apart:(

sd cards are no problem;)
im good at coming across what im looking for
but either way i wouldnt mind going to walmart and buying 2-3 of the biggest sds in stock

wii64 is inherently f***d?:(:(:(

my sd is formatted to FAT 32 so ???

and i do cool it. guitar is like therapy man (brick walls work too);)
wtf!? why jelly beans!? lol

and since we are now talking about dvd drives over here i would just like to keep all my conversation over here. MUCH simpler that way. excepting the thread on making homebrew, more on that over there.

about MM9 that is weird
personally i dont think that any Megaman game will ever surpass any in the X series let alone the 1st one. F'n Megaman X is the BOMB.COM MAN!:)

katachristic
July 24th, 2009, 01:24
some good news(although not about anything above)
i downloaded like 20 new apps and about a dozen of them work flawlessly(after a gentle nudge in the file directories)
i especially love my new wii earth and this totally kickass strobe light

katachristic
July 27th, 2009, 05:22
i was wondering if anyone who got their wii64 working could show me a screenshot demonstrating the exact location and name of the rom folders.

VampDude
July 27th, 2009, 16:10
i was wondering if anyone who got their wii64 working could show me a screenshot demonstrating the exact location and name of the rom folders.

GRRRRRR.... I ALREADY told you and uploaded a working file structure!!! :mad:

From the ROOT... Two folders in the root directory, N64ROMS and N64SAVES.

katachristic
July 27th, 2009, 21:33
sorry bro but you actually instructed me to make a folder w/ the emus name and put two folders in there
Wii64->roms/saves
like that
and the way you just specified was the 1st one i tried

all of this irrevelevant though b/c i have hit success
the new version of homebrew browser came out yesterday
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
it works flawlessly and i got a bunch of great new apps and games
my particular favorite...
FML!!!!
on the downside though i deleted the wii64 stuff i had and downloaded the new one
it made the directory for me (exactly like my 1st attempt) and it still gives the same damn error

i also downloaded dvdx 3.4 installer
when i get around to it ill downgrade and try one more time

wii64 and dvdx is all that remains...

btw, thats pretty cool about the Batman thing
my girlfriend has this thing about me being her Batman and she has been looking endlessly for Batman handcuffs
guess what the 1st entry for Batman hancuffs is on google?
of course
also of course, theyre solid metal, police grade, and have no safety release.
shes thrilled...

katachristic
July 27th, 2009, 21:34
the smilies came out perfect!

VampDude
July 28th, 2009, 00:52
sorry bro but you actually instructed me to make a folder w/ the emus name and put two folders in there
Wii64->roms/saves
like that
and the way you just specified was the 1st one i tried

That way works also, plus the way I uploaded on my SD upload (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148239707&postcount=5)... Your Wii is f*cked if nothing is working.

all of this irrevelevant though b/c i have hit success
the new version of homebrew browser came out yesterday
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
it works flawlessly and i got a bunch of great new apps and games
my particular favorite...
FML!!!!
on the downside though i deleted the wii64 stuff i had and downloaded the new one
it made the directory for me (exactly like my 1st attempt) and it still gives the same damn error

You shouldn't get errors if you downloaded from the Homebrew Browser, I'm guessing there is something wrong with your console in the areas of the IOS... You will probably have to backup/restore the NAND, starting again from an old firmware. I have no idea about NAND, but there is plenty to read.

katachristic
July 28th, 2009, 19:42
You shouldn't get errors if you downloaded from the Homebrew Browser, I'm guessing there is something wrong with your console in the areas of the IOS... You will probably have to backup/restore the NAND, starting again from an old firmware. I have no idea about NAND, but there is plenty to read.

my thoughts exactly, but i must admit im entirely clueless as to how to do this.
in fact, i barely know what it is
isnt it the memory used in flash drives and gaming?

at the very least i know that theres an actual problem and i wasnt just being an idiot