PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Bro.'s Mod for IRIS

PSPdemon
April 18th, 2006, 02:09
Hi,

nightmare666 and me have been working on a mod for iris that deals with all the big time characters from nitendos past and the present.

we call this mod "Battle of the Bro.'s"... this will be spanning out from peaches castle to zeldas village (the one from LOZOOT ) and Metroids World...

Right now we have so far...

-Maps
--Peaches Castle (still under works )

-Characters
--Mario
--Luigi
--Wario
--Yoshi ( still correcting )

Hopefully we will have a good release with more characters and more maps when the time comes.

This will be for the new IRIS, so you will have to wait to get your hands on it :D but just remember that the more time we have to creating a succuesfully good mod...the better it gets :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon
& nightmare666

PS. hopefully i will get some pictures of the models up soon :D

michael chan
April 18th, 2006, 02:26
nice...its gonna be like mario party or super smash bros on psp but psp style.and im just woundering what program do u use to make the models?

PSPdemon
April 18th, 2006, 02:31
more like a shooter super smash bro.s type game....its going to be like when all the characters fight to see who is the best on all the most well know places and worlds in the nitendo universe.

as for a program i use its milkshape and q2modeler.... the models arnt mine....i just resize and remap the skin to work with iris :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Airzon50
April 18th, 2006, 03:30
kool this is going to be great!

drquack02
April 18th, 2006, 03:57
Sounds pretty sweet, can't wait for a new release of Iris!

PSmonkey
April 18th, 2006, 04:14
screenshots screenshots screenshots screenshots screenshots screenshots screenshots

sorry, i just wanna see what it looks like.

DPyro
April 18th, 2006, 04:16
Omg. Sounds like the noobs posts from pspu are starting to rub off on your PSmonkey :p

nightmare666
April 18th, 2006, 07:49
battle of the bro's. is currentley a shooter till iris gets more advace
but hopefully with the help of psmonkey in the future we could have the characters do more.
for examble ; if psmonkey supports melee weapons we could have link (from zelda) attack
with his sword or shoot arrows of his bow
and mario have the option to choose to shoot fireballs except of bullets when he attacks by changing his weopons
the possebilities are endless

Stewie2280
April 18th, 2006, 07:52
sweet hope it goes well

.:PSP1.0:.
April 18th, 2006, 09:03
This project sound awesome! Can't wait for the release! :P

Accordion
April 18th, 2006, 11:11
sounds good

you should make the bullet/red square thing a koopa shell that would be funny

and yoshi could have his tongue as the melee weapon if melee is possible

m64fan
April 18th, 2006, 15:42
i think yoshi should shoot eggs

i like yoshi

Accordion
April 18th, 2006, 16:00
eggs would work but the shell would work for all the mario characters,

donkey kong should throw barrels as well

it would be good enough if it used the bullets from super mario world, the ones with the face that fly across the screen!

kyle2194
April 18th, 2006, 21:28
Yeah, you should use bullet bill. Or that fireball mario shoots out in the nes games. If its possible for custom projectiles in the next iris.

Accordion
April 18th, 2006, 21:56
HA
wont a fireball just be a red shape

so you may as well leave the red square if you want the fireball

go koopa shell
(this may not be possible lol)

PSPHax0r9
April 19th, 2006, 04:51
Omg. Sounds like the noobs posts from pspu are starting to rub off on your PSmonkey :p
I still don't see why you guys think that the people from PSPU are n00bs... But bias is bias..... ;)

I mean seriously:

i think yoshi should shoot eggs

i like yoshi
:rolleyes:

Anyway, this is another awesome Iris mod (which arI love soo much :D ). Thanks for putting your time into this, I know the homebrew community will love it. :)

Kaiser
April 19th, 2006, 04:54
^^^^^
Hahaha :D

Anyway back on topic people.

Shaunhoare
April 19th, 2006, 11:14
YAY!!! Post a preview!

BALL_SAC
April 20th, 2006, 08:17
I really want to see some pics. The project sounds really cool, and I cant wait to see it.

Shaunhoare
April 20th, 2006, 12:07
post the pics already!

Shilo
April 20th, 2006, 21:40
A IRIS MOD WITH NINTENDO CHARATERS:eek: This will be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o cool when it is done:)

DPyro
April 20th, 2006, 23:08
OMG Shilo dont have a heart attack! :p

DPyro
April 20th, 2006, 23:49
Ok PSPDemon has informed me that he will try to post some pics up tonight. If not tonight, he should have some screens to show off early tomorrow.

Shadowblind
April 21st, 2006, 00:01
its nice to know that someone either thinks like me or listened to the post i made a few days ago.

PSPdemon
April 21st, 2006, 01:10
Hi,

Here are some pics of the map "Peaches-Castle"...

It has some fixing to do...but they are just minor fixs that can be delt with soon :D

We are right now fixing textures (like wall, pillar, and tile textures...want to add doors in so that it will feel like peaches castle) and map issues (someplaces get 60fps and some places get 2-3fps...but i think i may have figured out whats causing this) but hopefully will be resolved

Anyway, Hope you enjoy the pics :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Zeemon
April 21st, 2006, 01:14
I think you forgot the pics...

PSPdemon
April 21st, 2006, 01:23
yeah....i totaly forgot to attach them..

they are now on :)

thanks

Zeemon
April 21st, 2006, 01:28
Thanks! Looking very good!

PSPdemon
April 21st, 2006, 02:16
Thanks,

When we get that map finished....ill post up more pics..

i might be able to show you some with characters soon...but that all depends on how much free time i get :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

P.S. give nightmare and me some ideas that you would like to see in the release of it...as oh worlds and places and characters you would like to see... just so that we can have a quality mod for everyone :D

stotheamuel
April 21st, 2006, 03:03
This sounds great.

Two thumbs up.

looks amazing *just drools at screenshot*

drquack02
April 21st, 2006, 03:06
Wow looks pretty sweet.

Will have to grab them. :)

Produkt
April 21st, 2006, 04:07
You think thats amazing, you aughta see my LoZ Clone... :P

Actualy when I get a chance I'll post it up

PSPHax0r9
April 21st, 2006, 04:19

YESS!! :D I was waiting for someone to make that. I know that the maps have been leaked, and I was really hoping someone would use a map like Hyrule Field. :)

Shadowblind
April 21st, 2006, 04:28
heres an idea: Create a version of iris where combo ATTACKS can be made, instead of the normal red block shooting. (and dont forget to include Shadow!)

sanguinus
April 24th, 2006, 12:54
Woooo that mod looks so cool can't wait for it to be released :-)

PSPdemon
April 25th, 2006, 00:55

lol....thanks....

though i will say......i have been wanting someone to make a loz clone for a while... so when you do post something about it....i will be excited to see what you have done :D You make the best maps i have ever seen :D so knowing you....the loz mod will be the best out of the bunch :)

anyway....It may be a while before i post up any new images of the work due to some school issues....so once those are sorted out...i will get back to doing more of the mod with nightmare :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

.:PSP1.0:.
April 25th, 2006, 11:50
Man those pics look really good! So can't wait! :)

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 00:32
OMG Shilo dont have a heart attack! :p

Don't worry, I didn't :)

I just saw the screen shot of the Peach's Castle map, and I think this will be the best Iris mod yet!

PSPdemon
April 29th, 2006, 01:58
i have bad news.....

Nightmare is have some problems at home and has told me that he cannot work on the mod anymore :( :( :(

the mod will still be made....but will take a little longer to make...hopefully it will be released by the time the new iris will come out.

hope the best to nightmare that things get better....

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PS. one way you can all help me is to send me anything thats in the nitendo universe....it will make mapping and texturing easier on me...and i can get the maps done faster :)

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 02:03
I don't think its that bad....Monkey hasnt really touched iris because of work and M64. So shouldnt matter either way, as the new verson wont be out anytime soon.

Inu268
April 30th, 2006, 01:42
ness has to be in this mod =D
i never tried iris before might give it a shot...what progam are you using to make the models?

PSPdemon
April 30th, 2006, 01:58
ness has to be in this mod =D
i never tried iris before might give it a shot...what progam are you using to make the models?

Inu268,

the program i recomend to use is milkshape... its user friendly in my words... another program is q2moddeler, which is good when you use bone animations... kinda like CS models...

just to remeber the order of which those animations have to follow and the number of frames each one has... other wise you will have mixed results where 2 animations are combined or when a animation is cut off...

if you need help.... PM me and i will try to assist you as much as i can. :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PS. when you said "Ness has to be in this mod" what is ness? just out of curiosity...

Inu268
April 30th, 2006, 02:14
yeah i just downloaded milkshape going to try it right now
Ness from earthbound:
http://ssbm.detstar.com/earthbound/ness_ssbm.jpg
he is just to cool and if meele attacks are implemented beating enemies with a baseball bat is just to much fun =p
i will let you know if i come trough any problems thanks!

PSPdemon
April 30th, 2006, 02:53
I will see about adding it in... no guarentees though...

if you have anything that you would like to conribute i will surely see about adding it in and add you to the credits :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Inu268
April 30th, 2006, 03:41
well i got 30 days to use milkshape...i might be able to make a Ness model...just need to get a little more used to it...

-{PhoeniX}-
April 30th, 2006, 12:21
sounds like it gonna be pretty good and worth downloading :P cant wait.

Inu268
April 30th, 2006, 21:05
http://rpgfan.com/pics/eb/art-ness.jpg
only good picture i could find to work with.....a side view one would be great but i guess i can start off from there...modeling is quite easy to do but the bones and animating stuff is blowing my mind =/

The Horny Antilope
May 1st, 2006, 14:19
coool

BALL_SAC
May 2nd, 2006, 02:45
Any screenshots yet?

kevintrooper
December 9th, 2007, 05:28
wat happened to this awesome project?

Safari Al
December 9th, 2007, 05:53
what happens to noobs who bump old threads?

PSPdemon
December 9th, 2007, 16:26
wat happened to this awesome project?

lack of new build of Iris, nightmare left.... and then soon after better things came...so i quit the mod.

only a handful of people have the beta ( with mario, yoshi, luigi, wario, ect ) and i lost my copy when my harddrive died...

not much has changed with iris, so its all together a dead mod.

please, lets not revive these old threads ;)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon