PDA

View Full Version : gpSP-mod-20-07-2009

wraggster
July 20th, 2009, 21:49
News via http://emu-russia.net/en/

Nintendo Gameboy Advance emulator (http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/23304/1186977597/l50) for Sony PSP based on gPSP and gPSP kai source code has been updated. Changes:
- improved compatibility with 5.50GEN-B custom firmware on PSP-1000.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mr. Shizzy
July 21st, 2009, 05:52
sigh... I wish exophase would update the official gpSP :(

Nokiaman
July 21st, 2009, 07:42
I am dissapoint. I expected something useful.

B2K24
July 21st, 2009, 16:14
sigh... I wish exophase would update the official gpSP :(

that would be wonderful. Exophase please

downloaddownload
July 23rd, 2009, 13:58
that would be wonderful. Exophase please

Exophase told me himself that he is done with it. He made a good emulator but hes kind of rude when you talk to him. Its mostly because of the unofficial releases that he decided not to finish it. I think he is working on the pandora but that was awhile ago.

Apoklepz
July 23rd, 2009, 15:23
Exophase told me himself that he is done with it. He made a good emulator but hes kind of rude when you talk to him. Its mostly because of the unofficial releases that he decided not to finish it. I think he is working on the pandora but that was awhile ago.

Wow...first, I can't believe he's really annoyed by the unofficial releases. In all honesty, they have been positively updated so that the current unofficial one is much better than his old official build.

Secondly, if he's so annoyed by them why would he release a source code? If what he told you is true, then he makes no sense to me.

To whomever is making these Unofficial releases, if you are reading this, please keep doing your awesome work...some games still suffer from issues like for example Kingdom Hearts COM with the movie scenes, you have to frameskip through them to play the actual game, else it gets stuck. But damn, a lot of sprite layer imposing problems has been fixed for a lot of games like Warioware Inc. and Final Fantasy VI Advance, whereas in Exophases old Official build this problem would affect gameplay because you couldn't see where the hell you were standing.

I don't mean to bash on Exophase, after all HE was the one who made this awesome emulator possible for all of us to enjoy, but if he's really being stubborn because of some unofficial releases which purpose has been to make the emulator more capable and enjoyable, I'd say he needs to grow a pair and snap back to reality. It's not like they are Distributing/Selling his code or making it worse in any way in the first place...Jeesuz!

Also, the ideal thing would be for both coders to get together and make a Final build...that way they can save themselves a lot of time and headache...but I'm old enough to know the world does not work like that, now does it?

That said, in a time when SONY is working real hard to take away homebrew, I honestly think more would be contributed to the scene if coders familiarized with the same development and projects worked together and not apart...but that's just my 2 cents.

downloaddownload
July 24th, 2009, 15:33
Yeah the world doesn't make sense in life Apoklepz. You should read the comments page under exophases emulator. He talks in there with lengthy arguments. Hes prideful, in that he wont work with someone else. Some coders are like that. I suppose I would well maybe not, to have help with a huge task would be welcomed by me come to think of it

B2K24
July 24th, 2009, 19:43
If Exophase really wants to have the last laugh and leave this project in the dust, he should release a kickass 1.0 that is far superior to all the uo builds, then make the final version 1.0 closed source so people can't modify, if thats possible.

Triggerman
July 25th, 2009, 06:45
If Exophase really wants to have the last laugh and leave this project in the dust, he should release a kickass 1.0 that is far superior to all the uo builds, then make the final version 1.0 closed source so people can't modify, if thats possible.

I'd finally get my PSP back out of the box then. That would truly be awesome. But I think he kind of lost the thread of conversation after all this time.

JonnyTanna
August 6th, 2009, 22:03
Can someone please explain to me why I can never get this emulator to load?

I'm running it on Firmware 1.5

and I keep getting the same message that the systembutton.prx won't load

B2K24
August 7th, 2009, 06:59
Get out of firmware 1.5 try and get to 5.00 M33-6

you need to create a pandora battery
then make a magic memory stick

Download DC8 make a NAND BACKUP then run the installer.

carlpcs
August 7th, 2009, 08:46
Can someone please explain to me why I can never get this emulator to load?

I'm running it on Firmware 1.5http://www.youvoid.info/img/q/P.jpg

and I keep getting the same message that the systembutton.prx won't load

I have this same problem. :(

Now only i have download this

Download DC8 make a NAND BACKUP then run the installer

i hope the DC8 provide a solution to solve my systembutton.prx problem.

addman999
August 7th, 2009, 16:40
i am still waiting for the day someone release gpsp emulator with wi-fi but i dont think that will ever happen even though its not impossible :(

Exophase
August 7th, 2009, 18:09
Yeah the world doesn't make sense in life Apoklepz. You should read the comments page under exophases emulator. He talks in there with lengthy arguments. Hes prideful, in that he wont work with someone else. Some coders are like that. I suppose I would well maybe not, to have help with a huge task would be welcomed by me come to think of it

Hm, I think what you're saying doesn't make sense, when you consider:

gpSP for Wiz released by notaz
gpSPhone for iPhone released by zodttd
And several other ports, by people who care about talking to me regarding them..

Actually I think you have it the other way around, it's the people doing the unofficial PSP builds who don't want to work with me. I've explained why I feel the way I do several times and of course am not going to anymore when various people will still react the way you have.

I definitely never told anyone that I was going to not do the PSP version in favor of another version (I'm not interested in doing one for Pandora either, someone else will do that I'm sure). I don't know/remember who you are on AIM, and I'm sorry you think I was rude but maybe you're blowing some messages out of proportion. I know you've insulted me a lot on these forums so far (even told me to get psychiatric help o_O) - if you're going to be like that then maybe you should post some logs and let people decide for themselves.

Anyway. As of now I'm actually not working on gpSP proper, or you could say I'm rewriting it/doing a new GBA emulator (possibly borrowing from gpSP as well) - gpSP is not in a state where I can really work with it anymore. Whether or not this will get anywhere or make it to PSP remains to be seen. Unfortunately I have a full time job and other responsibilities and various things that eat up my time and I just can't work on this at the same rate I originally did gpSP at when I had a full summer of free time to focus on it.

P.S. I don't mind these unofficial releases anymore in the slightest (haven't for like, years now), they can fight over whatever they want to do with them. Have fun everyone!

downloaddownload
November 14th, 2009, 10:11
Hm, I think what you're saying doesn't make sense, when you consider:

gpSP for Wiz released by notaz
gpSPhone for iPhone released by zodttd
And several other ports, by people who care about talking to me regarding them..

Actually I think you have it the other way around, it's the people doing the unofficial PSP builds who don't want to work with me. I've explained why I feel the way I do several times and of course am not going to anymore when various people will still react the way you have.

I definitely never told anyone that I was going to not do the PSP version in favor of another version (I'm not interested in doing one for Pandora either, someone else will do that I'm sure). I don't know/remember who you are on AIM, and I'm sorry you think I was rude but maybe you're blowing some messages out of proportion. I know you've insulted me a lot on these forums so far (even told me to get psychiatric help o_O) - if you're going to be like that then maybe you should post some logs and let people decide for themselves.

Anyway. As of now I'm actually not working on gpSP proper, or you could say I'm rewriting it/doing a new GBA emulator (possibly borrowing from gpSP as well) - gpSP is not in a state where I can really work with it anymore. Whether or not this will get anywhere or make it to PSP remains to be seen. Unfortunately I have a full time job and other responsibilities and various things that eat up my time and I just can't work on this at the same rate I originally did gpSP at when I had a full summer of free time to focus on it.

P.S. I don't mind these unofficial releases anymore in the slightest (haven't for like, years now), they can fight over whatever they want to do with them. Have fun everyone!

Its been so long since I made those messages.
I was even more surprised to see what I wrote.
I can't believe my comments were from this year. It feels like its been at least 2. How have you been Exophase? I haven't been playing emulators at all.

A new GPSP? Whats wrong with the old one?