PDA

View Full Version : PSP Ebook Creator

wraggster
April 18th, 2006, 02:41
Parablax (http://www.parablax.co.uk/info.html) have released a PSP Ebook Creator, heres the details:

<blockquote>You use your psp (playstation portable) for playing games, watching movies and listening to your MP3 collection – but have you ever considered using it to read your favourite books?

The psp is very versatile and can be used as an effective electronic book (ebook) reader. When designing the psp, Sony enabled image browsing using the psp shoulder buttons. When an ebook is downloaded onto your psp, these buttons can be used to turn the pages of your ebook allowing comfortable and hassle free reading.
psp ebook creator is a free program. It converts any text file (.txt) into a formatted ebook that can be read on your psp. 1000s of freely available publications are available in ‘.txt’ format at www.gutenberg.org.

Software features
Landscape/ Portrait page formats
Background images
Smart formatting (efficiently fits text to psp screen dimensions)
User defined fonts, ink color and page color
Navigation bar (including page numbers and custom title)
JPG compression settings
psp display window
1:1 page previewing
Chapter breaks [new in v1.03]</blockquote>

Screens, Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

bizarre
April 18th, 2006, 03:26
useless, because i dont wanna convert a book in thousands of images. I just see my books in the original txt format with bookr.

babu
April 18th, 2006, 04:23
dude nothing is useless, i would like to see u use ur brain and develop any homebrew. I don't think bookr run on all fw, if this is true then it's good for ppl with 2.0+ fw. Also having many ways to do one thing is not a bad idea ^_^. anyways props to the developer of this fine tool :)

Stew2000
April 18th, 2006, 11:17
Can it convert all my books lying around the house..... no! :rolleyes:

Any way, here's a paper style background. :p

MrBiggs32
April 18th, 2006, 13:36
Yo Its Not Working For Me. Installed It,tried To Open It, But Then It Just Closes. Im Mad As Hell, I Was Looking Forward To This.

Plowking
April 18th, 2006, 14:09
This is really good actually. It does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Quick and easy, now I can convert those Lovecraft text files to read on the bus!

Briggzy11
May 31st, 2006, 07:43
Yeh I totally agree this is a good piece of homebrew. I myself personally do not read books at all but maybe ill start using this to read the da vinci code or whatever on the way to college or pride and prejudice at the swimming baths (out of the water of course haha i already distroyed a PSP underwater)

Stew2000
May 31st, 2006, 08:31
Yeh I totally agree this is a good piece of homebrew. I myself personally do not read books at all but maybe ill start using this to read the da vinci code or whatever on the way to college or pride and prejudice at the swimming baths (out of the water of course haha i already distroyed a PSP underwater)

What you need is the water bag thingy :D

JackMerrik
November 24th, 2008, 08:14
Hi all, this is my FIRST download from this site and my first post.
It worked perfectly. Ive been thinking lately of going to the library and getting books until i realized and figured out i can get them online, now i can put them on my PSP. So ty very much for the awesome app

Fredd543
November 24th, 2008, 13:08
Hi, thanks for making this fine program.
Pages looking fine, and are very good readable.
But saving as single jpg's is not optimal (in my mind) -
how about using cbr / cbz (optional)?
The books could then be read in pspcomic (So you can use bookmarks).
I've done this by hand (cbr is just rar'ed jpg's & renamed to cbr) and it works just fine with pspcomic 1.0.1!

Greetings,
Fredd543

JLF65
November 25th, 2008, 05:25
Hi, thanks for making this fine program.
Pages looking fine, and are very good readable.
But saving as single jpg's is not optimal (in my mind) -
how about using cbr (optional)?
The books could then be read in pspcomic (So you can use bookmarks).
I've done this by hand (cbr is just zip'ed jpg's & renamed to cbr) and it works just fine with pspcomic 1.0.1!

Greetings,
Fredd543

CBR is rar compression, and CBZ is zip. While it might not make a difference to pspcomic, it can make a difference to other viewers.

Fredd543
November 25th, 2008, 09:20
CBR is rar compression, and CBZ is zip. While it might not make a difference to pspcomic, it can make a difference to other viewers.

Thanks for setting this right, JLF65.
I changed the info in my post.

Greetings,
Fredd543

JLF65
November 25th, 2008, 10:00
No problem. I make my own eBook CBZ/CBRs on linux by hand as well. It's easier to convert a PDF or other eBook into jpgs and zip them all up for pspcomic (my favorite viewer on the psp) than to try to use bookr. I've had awful luck in getting bookr to read any pdfs at all, while a zip of jpgs has no trouble at all. :)