PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader gets his own game?

wraggster
April 18th, 2006, 10:51
George Lucas himself may be done with Star Wars films, but LucasArts is apparently working on a title based on Darth Vader, while a new Indiana Jones game is still in progress.

According to a New York Times article about the current state of the company, Haden Blackman, project lead on a forthcoming Star Wars game, recently outlined to directors "a new storyline that delved deeper into Darth Vader's history".

The NY Times piece also mentions Indiana Jones, noting how vice president of product development Peter Hirschmann "gleefully explained how researchers had tracked down images of San Francisco buildings from 1915 for the future Indiana Jones game".

There's no discussion of when either of those games will be released, but the piece does maintain that LucasArts wants to be known as more than just "the 'Star Wars' game company", with more original titles on the way along the lines of last year's Mercenaries.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63927

grin.ch
April 18th, 2006, 15:50
This is good news all the way around. Darth Vader and Indiana Jones. BOTH games should be great!

Apoklepz
April 18th, 2006, 17:40
...I'm not gonna get my hopes up till I see a FINAL release date for the PSP UMD game.

...Anyone remember what happened with that Episode III game?

The force is strong with this one. They better not dissapoint.

tophead420
April 19th, 2006, 06:50
its ab time they make a game ab Darth Vader :D