PDA

View Full Version : New N64 emu videos

Darksaviour69
April 18th, 2006, 12:57
PSmonkey has posted new videos of his N64 emu in this topic (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107223#post107167).

<blockquote>
Anyways my camera at home sucks worse then i though. So the video's will be horible. I took a bunch and will post up the ones that came out the best. I'm gonna bug a friend to use his digital camera that takes much better videos (my stupid camera limits how much you can record based on the vid size and not till you've run out of space ).

Note, all but 1 quest vid were taken in low res. My camera limits how much you can record by size. So if large, i can only get like 15 seconds worth, if low res i can get about 80 seconds worth.</blockquote>

sroon
April 18th, 2006, 15:38
Im speachless. U R awsome!
Now if I can donate you would probable have money to buy a decent camera!

D0N
April 18th, 2006, 15:52
Keep up the good work PSmonkey!!!

slayer2psp
April 18th, 2006, 16:13
n64 emu that works on the psp i dont think so it doesnt even run well on the pc how will this ever work on a 333mhz machine the ones for the xbox are crap and the xbox is 733mhz . i just dont see this as anything that will ever be playable. emu ind games like bleem did for the dreamcast that might work much better. dont mean to be such a ass but there is no good working gba emu or even a snes one that can run starfox i just dont see this happen any time soon or ever

10shu
April 18th, 2006, 16:33
starfox dont run on the psp cause it use a SuperFx ship...this chip isn t emulated that s why the game do not work.

the GBA is not emulated perfectly but neogeo cd is and it can display bigger sprite more color, etc...it s all depend of the system similarity...and the time spend on your emulator

the psp hardware is much closer than the n64 than u can imagine...i don t think will ever get zelda or conker badfur day running...but game like mario 64, wave racer, etc...why not...

Go Psmonkey!!!

chaos-is-me
April 18th, 2006, 16:45
n64 emu that works on the psp i dont think so it doesnt even run well on the pc how will this ever work on a 333mhz machine the ones for the xbox are crap and the xbox is 733mhz . i just dont see this as anything that will ever be playable. emu ind games like bleem did for the dreamcast that might work much better. dont mean to be such a ass but there is no good working gba emu or even a snes one that can run starfox i just dont see this happen any time soon or ever

You have an avatar that promotes that you love "weeds" so I doubt you are in any position to say what will and what wont ever be possible on the PSP. PSMonkey is doing some amazing work and it just keeps getting better. I am in awe.

vettacossx
April 18th, 2006, 16:59
hey i like WEEDS TOO! lol but thats not the point, the point or at least my point is this SLAYER all the other EMU that you are talking about EVEN THE XBOX ONES I USE THEM! ARE PORTED FROM PC EMULATION! AND THIS M64 is not!!! thats right it is being writenn specificly for the psp!!! if you read up you would know that is why it has takes longer too create and is also why it WILL most likeley work ASK JABo! ask ZILMER(pj64 team)and help every 64 emulation happen! (including this 1) as monkey has gave ZILMER PROPS ON THE FORUM!
I DID!!! they are hands down the BEST IN N64 EMULATION PERIOD>>>they beleave in psmonkey and more than that respect him....why? because he is commited and the real deal a true pasionate coder! strait up after we get to the recompile point.....you will eat your words slayer SORRY HOPE ITS NOT 420! lol

sroon
April 18th, 2006, 17:20
The PSP also doesent have a huge OS to slow things down ether.

Datahax
April 18th, 2006, 17:30

Wtf are you smoking? Oh wait..I guess we know.

It runs perfectly fine on my PC so I guess your computer just sucks is the problem.

Not to mention that the N64's processor was only 93.75Mhz and it had 4MB of RDRAM. The PSP has a 333Mhz Processor and 32MB of RAM. The N64's graphics chip was 62.5Mhz, the PSP's 166Mhz. I could go on but I think you get the point.

So the PSP is over 3 times as powerful as the N64.
Sure there will be some small problems along the way, but there's no reason you couldn't get this to work.

In other words, you are an idiot.
(Or you really DID mean to seem like an ass)

Darksaviour69
April 18th, 2006, 17:33
No Flameing for any reason!

i'm watching....

Apoklepz
April 18th, 2006, 18:18
I still don't care if people want to diss you PSMonkey, no matter how up-in-smoke they might sound....I too like Weeds, but I certainly don't put down people who really want to make something for the entire community to enjoy...not in the wierdest three looking sentences I've seen, at least...C'mon Slayer...stop smoking on the bad stuff & start giving praises.

chaos-is-me
April 18th, 2006, 20:36
What variety of weeds would that be? Perrenial? Perhaps Annual? Could even be those pesky Biennial weeds that you like?

Only joking. :P

yamaneko
April 18th, 2006, 21:01
Good Work... :) Congratulations for the developers... ;)

Apoklepz
April 18th, 2006, 21:11
What variety of weeds would that be? Perrenial? Perhaps Annual? Could even be those pesky Biennial weeds that you like?

Only joking. :P

HEHEH... that was funny. Besides the Show called "WEEDS" I like pretty much anything that's not shwagg, really.

pkmaximum
April 19th, 2006, 05:51
Wow the emulators look awsome I particullary loved the Quest video, I couldn't believe that you actually have the ability to walk around and stuff, and It wasn't as slow as hell iether, Keep up the great work PSmonkey you always have my full 100% support :)