PDA

View Full Version : August 11 Xbox 360 Dashboard Update Details

wraggster
July 22nd, 2009, 00:27
The previously announced Xbox 360 dashboard update is coming on August 11, bringing with it Games on Demand, Netflix party support and the new Avatar marketplace. Twitter, Facebook and Last.FM integration are coming this fall, along with 1080p streaming.

http://gizmodo.com/5319671/august-11-xbox-360-dashboard-update-bringing-full-game-downloads-other-features

Eviltaco64
July 22nd, 2009, 01:37
I still don't see why they'd integrate Facebook, Twitter, and Last.FM when all the other competitors have very functional web browsers. Integration could make way for a prettier and faster Facebook, Twitter, etc. but it really limits what you can do (like, if someone sends you a Youtube video for example).

pibs
July 22nd, 2009, 01:45
I still don't see why they'd integrate Facebook, Twitter, and Last.FM when all the other competitors have very functional web browsers. Integration could make way for a prettier and faster Facebook, Twitter, etc. but it really limits what you can do (like, if someone sends you a Youtube video for example).

If people had the convenience of a web browser they wouldn't shell out the cash for Netflix or vids from the XBL Marketplace. Its all about the money ;)

Eviltaco64
July 22nd, 2009, 01:50
If people had the convenience of a web browser they wouldn't shell out the cash for Netflix or vids from the XBL Marketplace. Its all about the money ;)

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

A lot of people would settle for lower quality videos on websites such as Veoh or Dailymotion, but they should have the liberty to do so.

Ah, whatever. You might as well stream videos off a modded Xbox or PSP. :P