PDA

View Full Version : DSorganize Compile - Fixing Errors On Arm7 Source

atomicoft
July 22nd, 2009, 00:43
Greetings, this is the first post (I remember) I make here, so I’ll try to go to the point quickly !

I here have DSorganize 3.2 by Dragon Minded. Witch in my opinion let me down, as I do not understand how could a wonderful application with so many features and abilities went right to the drain.

I have a few Errors yet to fix and get*** warnings. I should describe them shortly, do not try to continue and work on the other errors and Warnings, since mostly I have updated most of them, let’s say about 9-11 errors.

The most important error I would like to find and fix is:

//(vBlankHandeler() )
//(means ^ function)

c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:381: error: 'ct' undeclared (first use in this function)
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:381: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:381: error: for each function it appears in.)
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:382: error: 'TransferRegion' has no member named 'curtime'
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:389: error: 'TransferSound' undeclared (first use in this function)
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:389: error: 'snd' undeclared (first use in this function)
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:389: error: 'TransferRegion' has no member named 'soundData'
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:390: error: 'TransferRegion' has no member named 'soundData'
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c: In function 'FIFO_Receive':
c:/dso/arm7/source/main.c:817: error: too few arguments to function 'micStartRecording'

I would like to say in Advance, this is just the Arm7 main.c error list, still there are many other errors that will be fixed on all the ".c" files, or creating a library could help instead of just fixing them, but its better since mostly everyone would like to build one of these. I will release a public source soon, these are the main things I need, I have kept track of what have been fixed as well for future reference, and it will also be released.

On the warning side. . .

Warning: 'getIPC' is deprecated (declared at c:/devkitPro/libnds/include/nds/ipc.h:65)

Is the only warning im getting. ^-^ Getting this warning shuttedown would make my day :D !

Fix - warning have been removed. . . (ipc.h altered code)

Errors currently showed cannot be resolved by me, as my experience with compiling c++ source code is horrible, but even I do not have the knowledge of what the heck I’m doing, I can easily understand how it works, if we compare it to VB.Net or other types of languages, but this one is a bit more specific.

I’m back on track again, but seem this time I won’t be able to continue without fixing these arm7 sources.

I would like to make a formally made team or group, organization or whatever we decide, as the “AtHackers Team”, lovely name for a group already reserved and with its own domain: http://www.athacks.com (Site that is not operational yet).

Formally working on DS development and keeping its development alive is one objective, the next one is plans already being written and being worked out by me, also we’ll keep in mind on who we are accepting, since it’s hard to find talented beginners & professionals working voluntarily with us, we (and by it I mean the team & me) are a non-profit organization, the discussion for the future opening store will be kept in mind as well.

Going back to the subject, DSO compile is more easy as it looks, I look around the code for anything that might be a problem at compile time, so mostly its clean, but there is one line still yet not fixed that I commented out for some time that might produce an error:

(Note: In my case, due to the fixes, line numbers might change but not dramatically)

IPC->battery = readPowerManagement (PM_BATTERY_REG);

I completely forgotten about that line, but I cannot fix it, since it goes:

“TransferRegion has no member named ‘battery’”

With these fixes, I can continue a bit more to the code or simply pass to the arm9 directory so please work with me, let’s make this one a big one !

So if any news posted, please let it be something that may be useful to our research, do not ask how to fix errors or do not email/pm to fix errors out of the ones I’ve posted in this topic.

Some additional library help could also work (editing libraries, I do not mind making my devkitpro installation a Dragon Minded installation).

Thanks and hope to work together in the near future.

AtHacks. . .

Webmaster/Developer, VB.Net Programmer (Standard), Shop Manager.