PDA

View Full Version : progess on monkey64

skyhigh32
April 18th, 2006, 17:27
:mad: i think that you either need to do iris, or monkey64. if u try to work on two, you might get confused. (and delay from great hombrew further!!)

if u look at other sites, they have made posts about what type of video and wut type of soudn to use for the N64 emulator. maybe check those sites out for some tips so we can keep moving along!!

Lumir
April 18th, 2006, 17:40
:mad: i think that you either need to do iris, or monkey64. if u try to work on two, you might get confused. (and delay from great hombrew further!!)

if u look at other sites, they have made posts about what type of video and wut type of soudn to use for the N64 emulator. maybe check those sites out for some tips so we can keep moving along!!

Dude chill out. Money is working hard, and he will work on what ever one he pleases. You should be greatful for just being able to see the n64 in action, (new videos). In fact i hope both get finished, because they are both highlights of the homebrew scene. Now if you have something that might help him in his progress please supply the link/source.

yaustar
April 18th, 2006, 20:12
I highly doubt that PSMonkey would get confused between both projects. One is a high level extendable 3D engine. The other is a hardware low level emulator. The train of thought is completely different.

Links to the other site s would be nice though.

kyle2194
April 18th, 2006, 21:03
If my memory serves me right, Monkey64 uses high level emulation. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4872&stc=1
Yep, it says hle on the bottom.

PSmonkey
April 18th, 2006, 21:04

Truthfuly I wont get confused because you have to remember that durring the day I code a DS game for work. So in a sense I am already working on 2 projects at the same time.

Anyway, bringing iris back into the mix will help give my brain a break. Iris is more working on a collection of many different little parts. Monkey is more working on a smaller collection of much bigger parts. Racking my brain too long on serious bugs is just going to fry me faster. Yet getting to go between different problems will give my mind some time to reflect and think of alternative ways to fix problems.

I know it sounds a little odd but it really helps. Like Usualy I can fix more issues in monkey by going away from it for 2 days then I could by hitting it hard for a week solid.

PSmonkey
April 18th, 2006, 21:06
Oh here is a matrix though of it.

You wont be able to figure out how to bend the spoon till you stop thinking about it.

PSmonkey
April 18th, 2006, 21:08
If my memory serves me right, Monkey64 uses high level emulation. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4872&stc=1
Yep, it says hle on the bottom.

You are correct but they require different though processes.

Iris I am trying to make an abstract engine that can be used to make a 3d shooter.

Monkey i am having to grind though the heart of how the n64 ticks and make the psp simulate it.

nightmare666
April 18th, 2006, 21:44
eather way psmonkey good luck on both projects
just take your time

deanspeed
April 18th, 2006, 22:48
Truthfuly I wont get confused because you have to remember that durring the day I code a DS game for work. So in a sense I am already working on 2 projects at the same time.

Anyway, bringing iris back into the mix will help give my brain a break. Iris is more working on a collection of many different little parts. Monkey is more working on a smaller collection of much bigger parts. Racking my brain too long on serious bugs is just going to fry me faster. Yet getting to go between different problems will give my mind some time to reflect and think of alternative ways to fix problems.

I know it sounds a little odd but it really helps. Like Usualy I can fix more issues in monkey by going away from it for 2 days then I could by hitting it hard for a week solid.

That is so true, I'm not a coder but i can definitely relate in other ways, I write books in my spare time and it works the same way.

kersplatty
April 19th, 2006, 11:21
:eek: :eek: :eek: psmonkey triple posted :eek: oj :D

Shaunhoare
April 19th, 2006, 12:05
EEK! EEK! EEK! someones spaming EEK! oj

nomi
April 19th, 2006, 13:08
WHEN wiLL THE NEW IRIS BE!!! i no monkey 64 will not be out in a while! BUT I wHEN WILL IRIS COME!!!!

Psycho77
April 19th, 2006, 19:25
There just to put peoples in the spirit of the Nintendo 64 !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU&feature=Discussed&page=1&t=t&f=b

In case this was not posted around ;)

Lumir
April 19th, 2006, 20:25
There just to put peoples in the spirit of the Nintendo 64 !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU&feature=Discussed&page=1&t=t&f=b

In case this was not posted around ;)

OMG! LOLZ!!! I never seen that one befor, zomg that was hallarious! It cetainly fits the m64 project criteria xD. ZOMG! That kid lol...

Kaiser
April 19th, 2006, 20:28
Okay guys quit with the spam.

edit: That video was priceless btw.