PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Network - Have Your Say

wraggster
July 23rd, 2009, 15:45
Hi all, im going to make a poll and everyone can vote on it (Guests and Members), basically im going to let you decide what news we should feature on the site.

Basically if you think we should stick to Homebrew Hacking and Hardware news or keep posting all the gaming news we post.

Posting less gaming news and just concentrating on homebrew and hacking with any hardware news will make my life a ton easier and i will add maybe a feed to each major console forum to cover any gaming news.

But anyway heres your chance to say:

Vote which you direction you think we should take.

Eric
July 23rd, 2009, 15:56
I'd say stick with doing Homebrew and Hacking. Commercial game advertising and news is done on sites that dont do hacking. DCemu is special to the hacking and homebrew community i dont think anyone would hate it any less if that change came. I think alot of people are and were wondering why DCemu started commercial news.

Heisenberg
July 23rd, 2009, 18:19
Well I don't give a shit what's new on playasia and I don't know if that many are tbh. It's ads dressed up as news. And the new Nintendo downloads... whatever. And so on.
Hardware stuff's cool tho

unigamer
July 23rd, 2009, 18:22
I'd prefer just the homebrew. There are many other comprohensive sources for all the commercial stuff.

bah
July 23rd, 2009, 18:34
Homebrew only.

The spamming of news from other sites only obscures the content most come here for: homebrew releases and news, along with the help forums.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 23rd, 2009, 18:40
Homebrew harks lthe way back to your DC roots..stick with what you know not all this what are you playing this week end crap and top this & that crap....

goshogun1
July 23rd, 2009, 18:45
I would say keep to the homebrew news. What I check for when coming to this site is whether any of my emulators I like are updated, or if new ones arrive.

rxshorty
July 23rd, 2009, 22:50
I love it the way it is :)

juiceface
July 23rd, 2009, 23:10
homebrew and hacking only,

but commercial games are fine as long as dcemu sees a bit of advertising reveune for the games being announced. if there is no financial incentive then don't waste your time posting commercial games.

Anger
July 23rd, 2009, 23:49
of the very limited options posted i chose what i would like.
however theres only one thing that bothers me about the news.
when i go to each of the 2 categories (psp and ps3) i have to scroll and scroll (and scroll.... you get the point) past the same stuff posted on the other site. on top of that its mostly useless info as well (i only really am interested in the homebrew and hacking side of things anyway.) what would be better is a seperate category for games releases (and other stuff that doesnt quite fit in a category) so that you only have to post the stuff once and only those who are interested in it can read it. thats my 2 pence.

Triv1um
July 24th, 2009, 00:12
Wrag, all i'm going to say is get rid of the ****ing play asia ad's in the forums. (I know it helps pay for bills most likely, but surely thats what the banners are for?)

They aren't news worthy, and I doubt they get you much referrals.

I think you should still keep the game "news".

beetroot bertie
July 24th, 2009, 09:52
I kind of like some general gaming news as it saves me going to look elsewhere, but I don't think you should become bogged down with it at the expense of other areas which this site was founded upon. To that end I've opted for option 2 - best of both worlds for me :)

One thing that perplexes me is the constant re-posting of threads over at Gizmondo, here. Someone over there poses a question, then it gets re-posed over here. If there's some benefit from the referrals then fine but it seems a little odd to me when you could just pose more unique questions of your own for users of this site to encourage conversation etc. I feels impersonal to me and I have little desire to want to respond.

That's my 2 pence worth anyway and at least you can always undo your choice if it doesn't work out.

Eviltaco64
July 24th, 2009, 14:51
I went homebrew, hacking, and hardware.

If there is some important game news, then a newsposter can take care of it.

ften
July 24th, 2009, 18:48
I voted leave it as it is, because most of the gaming news articles the site posts isn't that bad. But the Ads that look like articles and the sales number news I could really do with out.

-FTen

gumgod
July 24th, 2009, 23:29
This is my one stop to find out about all DS news including new releases not just homebrew. You should find someone to help you post the other news if you need to, but I really like the site the way it is. It seems like it would be less useful/entertaining to me if it didn't have news related to new releases. Some of the things like new studies and thing that relate gta to some random bs could probably be dropped though. :P

Edit:
I also want to say, no matter what you do I'll keep coming here and reading the news that you do have, but I cast my vote to leave it the way it is. :)

Shadowblind
July 25th, 2009, 00:55
Homebrew of course. But I hear many people here don't want any commercial stuff, which is a fine opinion, but i'd definately like some General Gaming news here.

Reviews would seem slightly pointless if done on consoles that nobody come here to read about in the first place. Commercial gaming in general really, we'd be better off reviewing homebrew applications if that was it. So yes, gaming news is welcome, but is there a way we can organize it better? NO feeds. Real, live people can handle the news posting.

What about homebrew droughts? Like, now for instance? Posting some game news isn't a problem...SPAMMING ALOT of game news is a problem :p

Um...a look overhaul to look more professional? Maybe?

Really all my suggestions are gonna point to the same thing; lets get some real discussion threads back at DCEmu.

And get rid of the APPLENEWS and Sonyblog crap already...or off the New Posts page anyway :/

bah
December 29th, 2017, 09:29
It's a real shame the 'news' spam bots weren't removed and the site/forums saved all those years ago. The regulars begged but were ignored. I used to love DCemu but it was intentionally killed off, kind of sad to see the state it's in now :(

lmtlmt
March 25th, 2018, 04:47
So sad :(