PDA

View Full Version : Eragon Gets Game

wraggster
April 19th, 2006, 01:26
News from IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/702/702133p1.html)

Vivendi Universal announced today that the upcoming feature film, Eragon, based on the best-selling novel will get its own videogame. Like most games based on movies it will be available for just about every system with Stormfront doing development for console and PC and Amaze handling the handhelds.

Eragon was the first book by Christopher Paolini. It's a fantastical adventure about a fantastic boy and his magical dragon and their fantastic, magical destiny. "Christopher Paolini's amazing fantasy worlds, characters and adventures portrayed in Eragon offer fans of the genre an opportunity to step into Eragon's world and live out the dragon rider legacy," said Bruce Hack, CEO of VU Games.

On Sony's PSP it goes back to being an aerial combat game starring the titular dragon on his epic and fantastical adventure.

Movie-goers and gamers will get to nerd out with Eragon where ever they may roam when the film and games arrive December 12, 2006.

Apoklepz
April 19th, 2006, 21:58
A fantastical movie about a boy and his magical dragon....Eragon.

Hmmmm...somehow sounds familiar.....

Neverending Story.....The song "Puff the Magic Dragon"... Some Disney Movie about a boy and his Imaginary Dragon in a light house can't recall the name....That girl Mulan & her Dragon....am I leaving something else out?

I'm not judging a book by it's cover, it just seems to me the theme has become rather stale and overly revisited, that's all...Let's see how well this book 2 movie 2 game adaptation goes.

buckyohare
October 17th, 2006, 15:34
i'm pretty confident it'll go well. Nothing can really touch The Never Ending Story for how amazing it was. but i think that Eragon is being cast off before even given the chance, its nothing like TNES...totally more epic and more LOTR's style i'd say. look it look it www.eragon.com