PDA

View Full Version : Katamari Creator Critical of Revolution

wraggster
April 19th, 2006, 22:54
Gamasutra has an article on Keita Takahashi's reaction to the Revolution controller. From the article: "Takahashi commented of the Revolution, which has drawn widespread praise for its underlying concepts from other Eastern and Western designers: 'I'm not really interested in it. I don't think a controller should have that much influence on the enjoyment of games.' He continued: 'I see what [Nintendo is] trying to do, but they're putting such emphasis on the controller; 'Woah, this controller lets you do this!' and I'm thinking - are you messing with us?'

GaMeR_2000
April 20th, 2006, 20:14
That guy is a TOTAL IDIOT! If no one ever tried to change/make the controlls better gaming as we know it would not be here today. If its the D-Pad on the NES, the shoulder buttons on the SNES or the Dual Shock and analog stick on the N64. The Revolution controller RULES SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hevyduty
April 21st, 2006, 03:50
Sorry, but this guy's a PS2 developer and I don't care what he thinks. Just like I didn't give a rats ass what that guy from Rare (owned lock, stock, and barrel by Microsoft) said a few months ago.

Besides, wasn't Takahashi going to go leave gaming to design children's playgrounds or something. I say let him go. I like Katamari, but c'mon. It's one game with two retread sequels. It's not like he has a 20-year track record for developing on multiple platforms. Peter Molyneux is overrated, but he blows this one-trick chump away.