PDA

View Full Version : Custom Make "Any Game" as an NES Cart Necklace Charm

wraggster
July 26th, 2009, 10:18
http://cache-foo-08.gawkerassets.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/07/160x120_custom_1248564270669_il_430xN.80751491.jpg

We do a lot of free ads for Etsy craftspersons, yeah, but this is pretty good: Old school NES carts are available as mini-sized necklace charms, in hypoallergenic silver if you want to upgrade.

http://kotaku.com/5322913/custom-make-any-game-as-an-nes-cart-necklace-charm

VampDude
July 26th, 2009, 13:31
I wouldn't want a NES cartrige necklace, the artwork looks nice and everything but it looks a little cheap/tacky.

Though a keyring I would, but only of a NES console to go alongside the N64 keyring I purchased 10 years ago.

katachristic
July 27th, 2009, 05:32
thats awesome!
i would totally buy a zelda one but unfortunately i cant exactly order things right now
of course if i could i wouldnt be hurting so bad for ds flash cart

DanTheManMS
July 27th, 2009, 09:21
I wouldn't want a NES cartrige necklace, the artwork looks nice and everything but it looks a little cheap/tacky.

Though a keyring I would, but only of a NES console to go alongside the N64 keyring I purchased 10 years ago.

If spoken aloud with the acronym, you'd want it to be an N-E-S to sound better, unless you pronounce it as "Ness" in which case you'd be right. Because people pronounce it two different ways, both ways are correct.

VampDude
July 27th, 2009, 21:30
If spoken aloud with the acronym, you'd want it to be an N-E-S to sound better, unless you pronounce it as "Ness" in which case you'd be right. Because people pronounce it two different ways, both ways are correct.

Many people just Call it NES (sounding like Nez - the S vanishes in speach), not taking into thought the letters meant Nintendo Entertainment System.

I used to call it N.E.S. until the Super Nintendo, which I never recall anyone calling it anything other than SNES not S.N.E.S. which I found weird but here in the UK it was normal so the N.E.S. kinda became NES instantaneously for me.

At the time, I don't think Nintendo thought too much about the name and how it would be pronounced because both are too long.

Consoles these days don't have the problem with being mis-pronounced... Except when the Wii was released I saw an Australian on YouTube calling it a "Whyi - Wi i". lol

DanTheManMS
July 27th, 2009, 23:01
I think calling it "Nez" and "Snez" is more of a UK thing. Everyone I've ever talked to here in the US have called them "N.E.S" and either "S.N.E.S" or just "Super Nintendo"

VampDude
July 28th, 2009, 14:58
I think calling it "Nez" and "Snez" is more of a UK thing.

I don't think it is, the "S" only sounds like a "Z" so we don't actually call them Nez/Snez.

I found people in English spoken countries calling it the above mentioned on YouTube, which I pointed the second as to when it's said.

Someone from the UK. [0.24]

1zIRoEgCCJw

Someone from Australia. [0.03]

MGLQoIbLwBU

And some American kid. [0.07]

AFlfQEPnDFY

:rolleyes: