PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Homebrew Network - Back To Our Roots

wraggster
July 26th, 2009, 11:38
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/images/logo.gif

A few days ago i asked you what direction you wanted us to go with regards to news on the network and the majority wanted us to concentrate on Homebrew, Hacking and Hardware News so from now on we will be basically going back to our roots and concentrating on those items of news.

But to appease those visitors to DCEmu we have 7 forums dedicated to bring news of gaming and tech gadgets and games releases from the USA/UK/Asia and if you are a member with more than 1 post (guests can see them as normal) you can see these forums by joining the RSS Feed Group in your USERCP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editusergroups), this means youll be able to keep up with all the latest gaming news without having to venture too far from us but it also means that the Members who dont want the gaming news dont have to see it at all. So a win win for both sides.

Also we have took down the need to register to download files from the forums here at DCEmu and you dont need to have X amount of posts to be able to upload Homebrew releases, hopefully this will get many more coders releasing on DCEmu than those horrid freesites such as rapidshare etc.

Thanks for your time.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 26th, 2009, 15:37
A great start Wraggy.....IMHO I think over recent years DCEMU has strayed a lil from the roots it established a long time ago....

Maturion
July 26th, 2009, 15:45
Good news! I was really annoyed by all those general gaming news.

Steely
July 26th, 2009, 18:05
That sounds great.
Sometimes some articles would be interesting, but generally I didn't care.

And no registering for downloads. :)
Now I won't have to sign in every time I want to download something.

Thanks.

Pilot_51
July 26th, 2009, 21:42
Good move! Homebrew is the reason I come to DCEmu and when it isn't diluted with unrelated articles I don't really care about that makes it easier to find homebrew that I'm interested in, specifically recent releases that I look for on the main page of the DS site.

Downloading files without a registration is another plus since I have a friend or two who are into homebrew a little bit but don't want to create a registration when I link them to a post to download from.

Kaiser
July 27th, 2009, 06:12
These changes shall certainly be for the better methinks.