PDA

View Full Version : GeMP (Homer's RIN) v3.3 Released!

wraggster
April 20th, 2006, 06:40
Source - PSP3D (http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=6875)

Homer (http://www.xn--stjrna-dua.net/psp/rin/index.php) has just released the final version of GeMP (GameBoy/GameBoy Color Emulator/Media Player for PSP), with sources and all for developers to improve on in the future.

There are a ton of new features and fixes in v3.3, so long that we decided not to list them all in this news post. They're all listed inside the GeMP.doc file (the readme), which also includes important information on the homebrew itself and it's lifetime from start to finish.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
Thanks to PSP3D/Atomos for the news.

pkmaximum
April 20th, 2006, 06:43
Maybe eventually we will see via ad hoc on game boy/color now that would be something to look foward too. Pokemon via PSP 2 PSP that would be awsome. :)

BALL_SAC
April 20th, 2006, 07:05
Maybe eventually we will see via ad hoc on game boy/color now that would be something to look foward too. Pokemon via PSP 2 PSP that would be awsome. :)

I dunno about that... homer says that will be the final release for the gameboy color emulator. You will not see ad-hoc until someone gets there hands on the source code, and does some major editing. But I have to agree, if the emulator was to have ad-hoc functions, this would be a kick-a$$ app.

urherenow
April 20th, 2006, 08:43
But I have to agree, if the emulator was to have ad-hoc functions, this would be a kick-a$$ app.

But I have to disagree...

you see...

this is ALREADY a kick-a$$ app! Kick-A$$ does not mean perfect. I don't want a perfect app because PERFECT would negate the possibility for improvement. But now we're getting into symantics and that's for another forum on another web site :D

Moning2
April 20th, 2006, 11:48
I dunno about that... homer says that will be the final release for the gameboy color emulator. You will not see ad-hoc until someone gets there hands on the source code, and does some major editing. But I have to agree, if the emulator was to have ad-hoc functions, this would be a kick-a$$ app.

the source code is in the package...

and it doesnt work on my 2.01 :(

chaos-is-me
April 20th, 2006, 11:59
This is a pretty nice final release. Not as finished as i'd have hoped for but still great. I look forward to anything else Homer is working on.

BALL_SAC
April 20th, 2006, 15:07
the source code is in the package...

and it doesnt work on my 2.01 :(

This emulator should work with 2.01... I have it running on my 2.6.

This emulator runs great... worth the download people!

pkmaximum
April 20th, 2006, 15:31
I wish RIN would come back and work on his emulator more. :( I hvae a 1.5 PSP too and we have ad hoc for sms+Game Gear but not game boy. Does anybody even know any ad hoc games for game gear?

Moning2
April 20th, 2006, 15:51
This emulator should work with 2.01... I have it running on my 2.6.

This emulator runs great... worth the download people!

ill try it with the standard eloader menu :)

still doesnt work :/ well too bad :(

SSaxdude
April 20th, 2006, 17:39
Even though an ad-hoc Gameboy emulator would be cool, not many games would be great over ad-hoc. An ad-hoc SNES emulator would be the best.

Apoklepz
April 20th, 2006, 18:05
Even though an ad-hoc Gameboy emulator would be cool, not many games would be great over ad-hoc. An ad-hoc SNES emulator would be the best.

For all the obvious reasons, too...I might add. But while we wait we still have Dgen adhoc Genesis already, and it's cross firmware compatible!...Meaning I can play Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat games with my 1.50 PSP via adhoc against my friend who has a 2.60 PSP....Did anyone know this could be done with that emu, already?

Anyways.....Can anybody using this on a 1.50 PSP let me know if it's better than the last RIN?
I'm at work and I can't test it myself.
Thanks in advance.

uhoh_hotdogs
April 20th, 2006, 22:55
Alright cool. Too bad this is the final official release. :mad: Hopefully someone can modify the source code and do something useful with it.

John Vattic
April 20th, 2006, 23:59
i agree on the adhoc. i hope mirakachi or ruka at least try to implement an adhoc feature. Homer, that could really finalize your emu. Great release anyway. thank you for your work.

nyrtrublue
April 21st, 2006, 01:15
this would be the best piece of homebrew if the media player was fully functional or atleast untill monkey 64 is fully functional

syrusch
April 21st, 2006, 02:19
I cannot run this homebrew on my 1.50. Even if i use No kxploit tools. With the v3.2 it work but not with this release.

pakkman781
April 21st, 2006, 03:29
Doesn't seem to work on my 1.50 either, anyone got any ideas why it's not working? Just crashes the PSP completely...

No one else mentioned it, but I really hope they can get the text walkthrough viewer working on this. Imagine that + gamefaqs, it's perfect! So far, I've been using the 1mhz text viewer for this kiind of thing, but to have it integrated would be even better.

Oh, and adhoc would be nice too :)

Apoklepz
April 24th, 2006, 19:02
It does work on 1.50...I removed the file inside the CONFIGURE folder & it works...I'm playing Battletoads right now.

I REPEAT...IT DOES WORK ON 1.50...NO BULL. :)

With admin permission I'll upload the file here.

*****************UPDATE******************

Although this might be the GameBoy Emulator of choice for firmware 2.00+ users, I would recommend sticking with the last build of RIN(1.32) or the Unnoficial RIN(1.32n1.2) if you are a 1.50 firmware owner like me. I tested some games on this emu that require the most processing out of a gameboy and thess are my results:

Metal Gear:
-Enemy sprites mess up when in alert mode (even with 333mhz clocked PSP - whereas the last original RIN build doesn't)

SuperMarioBros.DX:
-Speed lag when Mario runs... gets worse when you have two or more enemies on screen(and this is on 222mhz, people - Last Original RIN build = No Lag here)

Final Fantasy related games:
-Speed lags a little during battles(222mhz)- whereas again, last RIN doesn't.

I am not trying to diss on the great work put to this emulator. I think we all appreciate it. It's just that there are already better running GBC emulators for 1.50. That's all.

Hungry Horace
April 26th, 2006, 14:04
i cant believe i missed this....

thats what i get for spending my time beta-testing.

i agree its a real shame Homer/Heather isnt going to go for emulated link-cable by ad-hoc, but as many have pointed out, with the source released hopefully some other cool bod will add this function.

to anyone asking what good link games there are... you're forgetting the obvious - Two Player Tertris!!!

but yeah, of course you've got Pokemon and even Space Invaders.

V3N0M
May 5th, 2006, 05:27

Yoyofr is working on that and will be in his next release Snes tyl 4.0

vettacossx
May 11th, 2006, 04:48
source is out hope too see this ad-hoc soon!

pkmaximum
May 13th, 2006, 01:56
Does any body know what happened to the creater of RIN and his game boy emu. any way. not trying to diss. this emulator but I mean don't you think we should keep working on the emulators that are already working at full speed and have an excellent gui and everything. I mean ad hoc and maybe even infastrucutre mode would be a nice thing to finish this emulator off with.

Andraik
May 13th, 2006, 03:32
Awesome!

Raprash
May 17th, 2006, 13:05
How do i install this program on a 1.5 psp?
Most programs i have work with: NAME and NAME% but not this one

houstonsprockets
May 17th, 2006, 13:32
does this work with v2.0?

GA115
May 20th, 2006, 03:52
can someone help me install it. i dont know how to

EmuChicken
May 20th, 2006, 04:44
didnt work for me in 1.5 :/ pants!

campbell407
June 8th, 2006, 06:47
I dont know how to install it, i have 1.5 can someone help? yea.. im a newb

MHDGamer
June 14th, 2006, 22:35
New one here, as you may have noticed. Haha :P
Well anyways, i kinda have a fresh 2.0 firmware psp here... Don't have any eLoader etc etc just yet...
Does anyone know what to download first, and put it where? ( same for this app, dont know for sure if im putting it in the right folder. )
Thanks in advance!

joe45mama
June 17th, 2006, 23:27
Do any of you belong to playstation underground? If yes have you recieved anything from them, did you have to sign anything, and was the package big? I hope the last to are no.

BALL_SAC
June 17th, 2006, 23:30
Does any body know what happened to the creater of RIN and his game boy emu. any way. not trying to diss. this emulator but I mean don't you think we should keep working on the emulators that are already working at full speed and have an excellent gui and everything. I mean ad hoc and maybe even infastrucutre mode would be a nice thing to finish this emulator off with.

Homer said that he was done on working on the RIN project. He released the source codes so that anyone can take over his work.

SweetFA
June 18th, 2006, 00:19
I dont know how to install it, i have 1.5 can someone help? yea.. im a newb
http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-kxploit-howto.php

gilyellows
July 16th, 2006, 05:11
How do i install this program on a 1.5 psp?
Most programs i have work with: NAME and NAME% but not this one

you are right without that it wont work on 1.5

s075933
July 16th, 2006, 09:28
Is this emulator full speed yet?

JD/
July 22nd, 2006, 20:22
yes 100% fully working emulator

BALL_SAC
July 23rd, 2006, 04:38
Isnt this old news?

s075933
July 28th, 2006, 23:42
yes 100% fully working emulator

They could have fixed the problem when you change settings no music plays

Mr. Shizzy
August 24th, 2006, 16:42
Do any of you belong to playstation underground? If yes have you recieved anything from them, did you have to sign anything, and was the package big? I hope the last to are no.

What are you getting at?:confused:

Video_freak
August 24th, 2006, 18:43
Yeah that's completly OT... :confused:

ACID
August 24th, 2006, 19:25
Very old news man oldddddddddddddd. i say

PSPunk
August 25th, 2006, 04:32
=/ yay...

DefaultGen
August 29th, 2006, 05:14
Does anyone else have problems with this freezing? When I put 3 roms on it, it works fine. When I dump a few dozen onto it, it shuts down the PSP after trying to load :(

Edit: Nm just had to delete the config file.

bigdaddie
August 30th, 2006, 09:39
When applying full screen the sound is gone :confused: Anyone any ideas how to fix that :rolleyes: thanx

AnthonyR48
July 18th, 2007, 15:04
This is my problem as well. I know I am revivng a year old thread but ummmm i kinda wanna know. Ta

punkonjunk
September 29th, 2007, 03:27
I'm also experiencing a sound problem. For me, it's whenever I save a state or load a state.

ninjatakedown
December 16th, 2007, 02:19
your a ***

ninjatakedown
December 16th, 2007, 02:22
did i say ***? i meant G,A,Y C/U;N[T

ninjatakedown
December 16th, 2007, 02:32
does anyone else here really hate forums?

tahez
June 5th, 2008, 10:10
i have a firmware 3.90 m33-3 and i need to know where do put the game files and the source code file. please help thanks

GazettE
April 7th, 2010, 16:24
how i install on my psp 3000, firmware 5.03 gen-c??