PDA

View Full Version : Help I Got 1 Day Left To Buy My Psp!

Happy_Hooligan
April 20th, 2006, 12:31
Hi,
I'm currently knocking around Thailand and have been umming and ahhing about buying a PSP.
I've got 1 day left here before moving on and was about to buy a PSP when I thought about region codes etc.

I have a few questions that need to be answered...

1. they have 2 PSP for sale here, 1 is version1.5 (186 quid) the other is the latest version which is a lot cheaper at 135 pounds (Isthat a good deal)?
I understand the early version can play copied games but I've been reading about firmware which I can download to upgrade the older version for some games? Can I then downgrade once I've finished playing these games? Also If I buy ther newer version is it possible to downgrade to old firmware? All confusing for me?

2. Will games and movies purchased in the UK work on a PSP brought in Thailand and vicea versa?

3. Is voltage a problem?

4. I've been out of touch with everything since travelling is this really gonna keep me occupied or are the games too easy to finish?

Thanks,

Deano.

yaustar
April 20th, 2006, 13:09
1. You can down grade from 2.0 to 1.5. You cannot downgrade from 2.01, 2.5 or 2.6.
2. Yes
3. No
4. In all honesty, you want good value commercial games, get a DS. You want homebrew, get PSP or a GP2X.