PDA

View Full Version : NesterDC SE, master_library URL fails each time?

sauerkraut
April 20th, 2006, 14:12
(This is a post I first made at Dreamcast Scene, but the same applies).

This is my first post here, so first I'd like to say hello.

Now, the question! I've finally managed to find a program with which to burn .CDI files (after looking for ages for a copy of DiscJuggler v2.00 and ending up with a virus) and am now determined to get this EMU working!! I've got NesterDC SE and the ROM files I'd like to play, but when I go to compile the image (using NesterDC's built in "CD builder"), the Master Library URL fails every time.

Is there an alternate address? A way around this? I can't get the EMU to work (which means I can't play my ROMs) without this URL, it seems.

Please help!
-sauerkraut :confused:

P.S. I'm trying to make a DiscJuggler image, and I don't care about all the scans, manuals, etc. (although they would be nice). Also, I've tried doing this with and without my firewall being active.

Eric
April 21st, 2006, 01:38
Wow i knew it was going to come and i knew it was going to happen soon. But its possible he had taken the site down. He had said in the past it may happen and any sites that would like to host the manual,music, etc. could do that. Now i have no clue if there is any at the moment but maybe someone could post.

Eric

Darksaviour69
April 21st, 2006, 02:49
i offerd to host it here or at dchomebrew.org, but he said that he did not need it ( he already had backup servers)... when i get time I will try and look into it

RobertHMayfire
April 21st, 2006, 03:07
I tried it out. And the master library is working for me as it downloaded all the cart scans, etc that it had.

What games are you using? Are they common unhacked games like Super Mario, Zelda, Tecmo Bowl, etc? Could your firewall be blocking Nester's connection to the internet?

Because NesterDC SE will not add any games it doesn't have in its master library to your CD image that it doesn't reconize. (like Dragoon X Omega. Its a Dragon Warrior hack I recommed everyone try.)

Personally I would like to see a local library editor where you could add your own game files and stuff.

fackue
April 21st, 2006, 03:12
Maybe you just have a bad link. Someone have the deafult link?

RobertHMayfire
April 21st, 2006, 03:14
http://www.sch3rz0.com/nesterdcse/master_library/ is the default link.

This is interesting. By messing around with NesterDC SE I saw this link in the log list.
http://www.sch3rz0.com/nesterdcse/master_library/master_nes
After entering it, it show me the entire list of games supported on the default link master database. :)

okto
May 20th, 2006, 22:53
More questions:
Why does it alphabetize the ROMs starting at D?
Why does it not actually alphabetize them completely (Senjou no something is found in the B's)?
Why does it skip the numbers that correspond to ROMs in the box art and cart scan directories, but not the screenshot one?