PDA

View Full Version : NiGHTS for Revolution as Naka Goes Solo

wraggster
April 21st, 2006, 00:14
In its latest issue, Famitsu claims NiGHTS Into Dreams is being re-worked, ready for exclusive release for the Nintendo Revolution, meaning that we'll be able to smile for minutes at a time without the aid of benzodiazepines for the first time since 1996!

The mag made no mention of what we can expect, though twisting the Revmote through endless groups of rings while being hypnotised by the best game music ever is a tempting thought.

As you'll know, re-makes of NiGHTS have been the stuff of Internet legend for a decade, with rumours cropping up of a Sonic Team update on one platform or another every six months or so. Given Yuji Naka's open praise of Nintendo's direction of innovation over raw power, the DS and the Revolution have long been the frontrunners in the race to make Sega fans the world over stop bemoaning the downfall of the Dreamcast.

Famitsu's claim also seems to confirm Naka's long-touted departure from Sega, a development that - if it should prove to be true - has been smothered by the firm since it emerged some weeks ago. The rumour in Famitsu reads, “A Game creator who recently went solo is developing this. It's an action game featuring an evil-spirit that looks like a pierrot clown flying through the air is coming out for Revolution.” If that's not Yuji Naka setting up a new studio and re-making NiGHTS, we'll eat two hats.

As soon as we find out more, it will be published on these pages in minutes. Stay tuned.

And nobody mention 'dual-wielding' - it's probably for the best.

http://news.spong.com/article/9909

Darksaviour69
April 21st, 2006, 00:25
but surely sega own the rights to the NiGHTS name? unless the new studio will be apart of sega...

Eric
April 21st, 2006, 01:47
I dont even care i have never seen that game and i hear from mostly everybody in the world that game was great on Saturn. If i see that on revolution i will defenitly buy that system and get Nights into Dreams. Gotta get a good review for me to buy great games like that.

Eric

CookieMoses
June 1st, 2006, 07:20
I heard it wasn't happening. :(

This is my FAVOURITE video game. I'd be happy if someone could and would re-hex the graphics. An official remake would be GREAT. I'd love to see more than 3 dreams per character, and it'd be REALLY swell if the dreams would have more than 4 mares. I'd also love to see more Marens and more of the nightmare world. We don't necessarily NEED a sequel. I mean, who wants to see a 26 year old Claris or Elliot. *snerk*

xuphorz
June 1st, 2006, 16:22
i love NiGHTS Into Dreams on saturn. i really hope theyn remake it