PDA

View Full Version : PSP Audio Recorder (beta)

wraggster
April 21st, 2006, 00:41
Moonlight posted this new release and info:

This is a simple tool to record audio of games or a predefined homebrew at PSP/GAME/HOMEBREW.
It works by hooking the data that is being sent to the psp audio channels.

Usage is very simple. Press X to start the UMD game, or O to start the homebrew.

During the game/homebrew, press L+R+O to start capture of audio, and press L+R+square to stop it.

Audio is saved under PSP/MUSIC/ in WAV-PCM format (a minute of sound in this format is about 10 MB, so be careful with your memstick space).

Problems:
- While you are recording, the sound that you are currently listening lags. Don't worry, the sound that is being written to the file will be better.

- Some times, 44 bytes files are written because tha application/game reserve an audio channel but then they don't use it. Those are empty wav files, delete them.

- Also, some times games/homebrew output silence to some channels, so you'll end with some wav files that are fully silence.

- Some games don't work with it, i don't know why.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via moonlight (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=48162)

DraconumPB
April 21st, 2006, 03:12
What firmwares does this work on? Important info.

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 19:36
OMFG!!! I can't wait to d/l this. There are some games in GTA:LCS I've wanted and couldn't find. Hopefully this will help. I'll have to sit in a car and keep it on head radio and just wait for the songs I like to come on. Hopefully this works better than that last release moonlight release. NoKxploit? rubbish.