PDA

View Full Version : GizNester V. 0.1.0 Released!

H2Ru
April 21st, 2006, 01:14
Please note, this was not developed by me. It was developed by "Critical" whom made an Amiga emulator for the GP2X.
------------------------
Hi,

I bought a couple of Gizmondos a few weeks ago, but haven't had much time to do anything much with them until now.

I took the PocketNester source and beat it into submission until it ran on the Gizmondo. The buttons are mapped, sound works, and all that jazz.

I'm including the text of the readme.txt file from my distribution below. Please read it in full before asking any questions about how to get it running and so on.

GizNester 0.1.0
------------------

Gizmondo port by critical of PocketNester 0.7, which in turn is based on nester.

It emulates a Nintendo Entertainment System console, complete with sound.

PocketNester is licensed under GNU Generic Public License(GPL), as is GizNester.
The original licence files and documentation may be found in the doc directory of
the zip file that this readme file came in.

Installation
------------

Put GizNester.exe in the root of your SD card, along with the included gx.dll
if you don't already have it.

Usage
-----

Currently only one NES ROM is supported (there's no file chooser). The file must
be put in the root directory of your SD card, and be named:

ROM.NES

Buttons
-------

The joypad does what you'd expect. The other buttons are:

<< SELECT
[] START
|> A
>> B

There is currently no elegant way to exit the emulator.
The system may be reset by holding down Home and Power for a few seconds as usual.

Tests
-----

I've tried it with Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3, and they seem to work fine.

TODO
----

ROM selector
Quit

Feel free to mirror it anywhere, provided its origin is not misrepresented.
------------------------

So there you have it, the first NES emulator for the Gizmondo. No flaming needed please. Also, the full thread can be found here: Gizmondo Forums (http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6524)

wraggster
April 24th, 2006, 18:38
bloody hell - awesome news :)

Hawq
April 25th, 2006, 18:35
Its up to GizNester 0.2.0 now:
Multiple NES ROMs are now supported. They must be in a directory called:

GizNester

in the root of your SD Card.
damn GizNester 0.3.0 is there as well
Version 0.3.0 has load/save state, and I also fixed the silly (null) thing in rom list, and increased the allowed number of ROMs in the GizNester directory to 1024.