PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 2.70 for Jap PSPs Released - Homebrew Gone

wraggster
April 24th, 2006, 14:12
Quick Update

Damn im trying to post so much stuff at once that everything is a blur but anyway thanks to PSP3D (http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=6978) for the Homebrew Not Working Tip and to Jeff Chen (http://pspupdates.qj.net/2-70-Japanese-System-Software-Update-Details/pg/49/aid/28168) for the Details of whats new.

Just goes to show you that dont post in such a hurry because you are 3 days behind on newsposts.

Sony have released a new firmware update for Japan and the big news is that the GTA Homebrew Hack is now blocked if you do update to the new firmware.

Heres the details of whats new for those who are upgrading:

Network:
- [Internet Browser] now supports Macromedia Flash contents playback.
*You need to enable the Flash contents playback in the [System Settings].
*The version of the flash player is Macromedia Flash Player 6 (a part of the functions is not supported).
- The settings of the [Internet Browser] is added into [Settings] -> [Connection Settings]
- The audio contents from channels in the [RSS Channel] section now can be saved into your memory stick.
- [Auto] option added to [Rate Change] in [Location Free Player].
*More about the Location Free base station can be found [here].

Music:
- Added file extension to playable AAC format.

Settings:
- Added [Enable Flash Player] in [System Settings].
*To change this option, you need to connect to the Internet
- "Simplified Chinese" and "Traditional Chinese" added to [System Settings] -> [System Language].
- Added [RSS Channel Settings].
- Added [UMD Video L & R Button] into [Video Settings].

Other:
- Fixed some issues when using a memory stick with more than 2GB free space.
*This problem has not happened among the memory sticks sold in Japan until April 24.

Download the new firmware at Sonys site here --> http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/ud_01.html

Cap'n 1time
April 24th, 2006, 14:17
damnt. thoes homebrews were in no way harming sony and it seemed that a iso loader was impossible. **** sony.

Moning2
April 24th, 2006, 14:50
so very gay, fanjita will probably find something or maybe another exploit :) we'll see, i wont be upgrading for now :)

chaos-is-me
April 24th, 2006, 15:11
No upgrading for me, I already made that mistake when I upgraded to 2.6!

dudeass
April 24th, 2006, 15:36
F*ck sony f*ck sony right in the anus what is sony's f*cking problem with user-mode homebrew arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(sorry i'm just really mad)

Psphreak
April 24th, 2006, 16:00
Yup 1.5 forever. It's not like the games coming out are any good anyways. I just enjoy taking my neogeo games, nes, snes games around wherever I go.

Shapyi
April 24th, 2006, 16:12
F*ck sony f*ck sony right in the anus what is sony's f*cking problem with user-mode homebrew arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(sorry i'm just really mad)

You dont have to upgrade. Also the current trend is that homebrew has spread to every major firmware upgrade. Everyone has said its impossible, homebrew will never run on 1.00 (Nem), 1.50 (Killer-X), 2.00 (Toc2rta), 2.50 (Fanjita), 2.60 (Fanjita)... but guess what it all has been done by very talented programmers.

So no need to get angry, when new features are added, so are new holes.

I'm still sticking with 1.50, I'll explore the features of this firmware if MPH ever continues his Firmware Launcher ;)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 24th, 2006, 16:31
New firmware new expoits thanks sony :>

pepegomez
April 24th, 2006, 16:39
haha yeah the firmware launcher is pretty kewl :P

Chackan
April 24th, 2006, 16:52
Well, until someone hacks this new firmware, i'm not really upgrading, no way.

I think that sony should add more interesting funtionalities but oh well..

D0N
April 24th, 2006, 17:11
I am willing to upgrade to see if the eloader works with 2.70 but i cannot find the upgrade on the japanese site. Please could someone post a link direct to the eboot.Thanks.

Apoklepz
April 24th, 2006, 17:14
...I somehow knew that v3.00 wasn't up to the plate so soon...Sneaky Sneaky Sony...What a way to bust your customer chops...AGAIN...All in all, someone's bound to find a way around it.
Yay! 100th post!

davecheese1971
April 24th, 2006, 17:41
Hey guys, it appears that the upgrade is not available until 2pm Jap time on the 25th (at least that's what google translated it to be!

(in case you wondered, I have a black UK PSP downgraded to 1.5, so I'm not about to squander the joys of homebrew!!!)

D0N
April 24th, 2006, 17:52
I think you are right davecheese1971 because when i translated the page it said:

Start of update of system software version 2.70 is April 25th of 2006 (the fire).
Version of the system software which presently can be downloaded is 2.60.

neoridge
April 24th, 2006, 18:01
so if u get the jap version will it swich to english loading language on the psp like it did with 2.6

Voltron
April 24th, 2006, 18:06
This has been expected. Sony gives an update with minimal added features but blocks a lot other functionality the PSP has. Just don't upgrade. It will likely be a long while before UMD games REQUIRE 2.70+.

Also, and some might disagree with me, I am hoping that homebrew developers including fanjita & ditlew (http://www.fanjita.org) further their continued success with 2.00, 2.50, & 2.60. To steer valuable & limited time away and try to crack 2.70 would not be as beneficial.

I am currently using firmware 1.5 and think it is the best. However I have accepted that 100% homebrew & 100% commercial games are not going to be possible on firmware 1.5. When I can afford it, I will probably buy another PSP so that I can have the best of both PSP worlds. Homebrew & commercial UMD games.

I must point out that the argument is often made that game sales is what makes or breaks a platform and I really think that a lot of people like me have not purchased a lot of UMD games because they know they will not work on their PSP with lower firmware. Anyway, enough ranting, I'm going back to enjoy my 1.5 PSP.

neoridge
April 24th, 2006, 18:07
wait isnt jap one day ahead because of the international dateline

neoridge
April 24th, 2006, 18:14
also could some1 confirm if the japupdate will work on th us psps

Mierdainthesky
April 24th, 2006, 18:16
heres link to the E-Boot i think ( http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/jp/2005_1129_a69a022fce43b614a8cb305786f59855/EBOOT.PBP )

geise69
April 24th, 2006, 18:18
If you're into homebrew mainly for emulation rather than apps, just get a new psp or a gp2x, and have the other for commercial games. That's how it is going to be further down the road if you want 100% commercial and 100% homebrew. It sucks but it seems like that's the way it's going to be from now on. It's sad sony had to block the GTA exploit but you knew it was coming. I would say to all the hackers to wait till 3.0 firmware comes out then start looking for exploits (if there are any). I might as well just update since I have 2.5 firmware now and do use the web browser. It would be nice to have flash implemented while i'm surfing. I have a gp2x so I'll still be able to play games on the road, and commercial psp stuff. I do hope 3.0 has an assload of holes in the firmware. Time will tell.

Mierdainthesky
April 24th, 2006, 18:33
someone take one for the team and update, i would but i am in the process of finishing my mobile car media center installation and i need the video playback, but frakk the people that dont believe in the communitys programmers and debuggers someone will find the next exploit and hopefully i will be able to run homebrew from the main shell. [wishful thinking]

D0N
April 24th, 2006, 18:39
heres link to the E-Boot i think ( http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/jp/2005_1129_a69a022fce43b614a8cb305786f59855/EBOOT.PBP )

This is not the link to the 2.70 EBOOT. It is to the 2.60 EBOOT.

Mierdainthesky
April 24th, 2006, 18:44
dang sorry i thought i was cool with all that japanese crap on my screen

felonyr301
April 24th, 2006, 19:07
sony is a bunch of donkey d!cks and thats a fact look there was no iso loader for 2.6 or 2.5 and yet they still blocked it those ba$tards :mad: ..

Jonesyxxiv
April 24th, 2006, 19:36
why the **** would sony block the only thing that makes PSP any good? Theres no ISO loader so whats the ****ing point? I think the homebrew is the only thing that makes the PSP better than the DS. Sony is ****ed up!

neoridge
April 24th, 2006, 19:42
the 2.70 update will be on the site at 11:00 est tonight i just checked and calculated the time range

neoridge
April 24th, 2006, 19:44
so if all goes well the update should swich to english as did the 2.00 update

Stew2000
April 24th, 2006, 19:45
ROFLMAO,
I'm gonna upgrade when it's released in uk!
MUWAHAHAHA!

Erban Terrorist
April 24th, 2006, 20:01
I say SCREW it now we might as well start building an ISO loader for ALL firmware since sony could care less f*ck them!!!!

jaws365
April 24th, 2006, 20:05
My 1.5 PSP was stolen and I had to buy another one, with 2.6...

I pray to Jesus Crust for downgrader

benh
April 24th, 2006, 20:22
yay i'm gonna update i want the flash and i'm on 2.6 anyway

jordmeister
April 24th, 2006, 21:22
Wait, so is Edison Carter's cheat device blocked, or just saves that are not actually GTA saves like eloader?

Tu papa
April 24th, 2006, 21:36
How can they confirm that the eLoader is blocked when it even hasn't been released?

MalumEnSe
April 24th, 2006, 21:39
The changelog listed in this news article was taken word for word from PSPUpdates/QJ.NET. It was personally translated from the Sony site by one of our bloggers. According to Wraggster's own rules for proper sourcing, this is a cardinal sin - and something he's been known to raise holy hell over in the past.

Please properly source your information, thanks.

[EDIT: Thanks for the quick fix! :) ]

Jake
Content Manager
QJ.NET

vettacossx
April 24th, 2006, 21:59
until i see a firmware that says ps1 emulator i dont care im happy with my current firmeware and cracking these is only possible by pushing the limits of legality...thats all i can say really without breaking the "respect" line of the dcemu forums as iso is taboo but that been said even if they were to offer a ps1....id wait for the homebrew scene to disect it....i payed for mt psp and its hardware its my right to use it!!!

mog
April 24th, 2006, 22:12
Well, it might be fun to be the first, and maybe only person in the world, to upgrade all the way straight from 1.00 to 2.70... but then again maybe not. :p

I'm glad they decided to release another firmware though, the more the merrier! :)
More possibilities for finding holes, firmware should eventually be emulatable (is that a word? :/), new functions, etc.
I doubt any of that will help me with 1.00 though, seeing as we still can't use firmware loaders or umd emulators...

nigelrigel
April 24th, 2006, 22:19
They will find a nother hack, im sure of it.

sroon
April 24th, 2006, 23:23
Why dont you guys just buy two psps and use one psp for Homebrew and the other for updating and stuff like most people?

Cap'n 1time
April 24th, 2006, 23:39
Why dont you guys just buy two psps and use one psp for Homebrew and the other for updating and stuff like most people?

yeah.. ****ing poor people.. why cant you be like everyone else and buy two?

i highly doubt that everyone has rich parents that will buy them two psp's.

Hidavi
April 24th, 2006, 23:42
Dudes... if you can manage to read the page, it says that 2.7 won't be available for download until tomorrow. They're just announcing it today :confused:

mog
April 24th, 2006, 23:45
Because I know what i would do if i had a spare psp... i would try to hack it to bits cos ive been too paranoid to try stuff like that on my 1.00 :)
I wanna try forced writes to the nand and wiring up multiple ones like ive heard other people try. Also trying out hex edited updates and firmware dumps, that bad 1.00 update from sony, and many other stupid things.
My psp would be dead within minutes after buying it...
I just know it would be a very short lived 150+ quid investment :p

BALL_SAC
April 25th, 2006, 00:28
There will be no way to hack this... if they cosidered 2.6 unbreakable, then 2.7 is out of the question.

robotdevil
April 25th, 2006, 00:36
The only time anything is "out of the question" is when you stop asking. Now, I'm not advocating that you spam the good people who bring us elaoders/downgraders and the like. But rather keep looking for a solution. I've looked into many things on my own (not being a programmer I didn't understand any of it) and none of it worked. But now we have eloader 0.97, which does an excellent job of running homebrew (at least on my 2.00). There will allways be a way to run homebrew, if it was completely locked then even commercial games would cease to function. Each new firmware has brought us closer to understanding the way the PSP functions. So I say bring 'em on. Those that care about commercial games/new features will update, those of us that prefer 8-bit NES to the PSP eye candy will not but in the end (probably around firmware v12.666) we'll have figured out how commercial games load and mimic that.

Now to get back to Kid Icarus......

Hidavi
April 25th, 2006, 01:58
There will be no way to hack this... if they cosidered 2.6 unbreakable, then 2.7 is out of the question.

dude, there is no such thing as uncrackable code.

neoridge
April 25th, 2006, 02:10
like i said b4 in my post awhile back jap is past the international dateline it is the 25th there today juging by the time diffrence it will be released at 11:00 est tonight

neoridge
April 25th, 2006, 02:12
so far the only thing im woried about is if it will load and swich to english like the 2.00 update did and so if it does there should be no problem watsoever

sroon
April 25th, 2006, 04:55
yeah.. ****ing poor people.. why cant you be like everyone else and buy two?

i highly doubt that everyone has rich parents that will buy them two psp's.
Or maybe if people just get off there lazy azz and get a job like most people. ps im saying this because people expect coders to make these Eloders for these lazy people.

jordmeister
April 25th, 2006, 06:21
The 2.7 eboot file is now up on the website!

jordmeister
April 25th, 2006, 06:33
I just downloaded it, but I'm unsure whether or not I should load it on my American PSP. Is there anyone out there (presumably with 2 PSPs) willing to try it? I want to know if
a) it translates to English language properly
b) if it swtiches the X and O buttons
c) if the GTA exploit still works

chaos-is-me
April 25th, 2006, 08:33
I just downloaded it, but I'm unsure whether or not I should load it on my American PSP. Is there anyone out there (presumably with 2 PSPs) willing to try it? I want to know if
a) it translates to English language properly
b) if it swtiches the X and O buttons
c) if the GTA exploit still works

Can you not read? The news post says the GTA exploit doesn't work.

neoridge
April 25th, 2006, 17:43
well that jap ver does work on the amer psp and so does all the new functions cept sice the flash is only on series 6 u cant realy veiw any movies off newgrounds