PDA

View Full Version : DSi Firmware 1.4: Do You Want Facebook or Free Games?

wraggster
July 30th, 2009, 19:23
Nintendo DSi firmware update 1.4, out in Europe, Japan and Australia—so likely coming here soon—adds direct Facebook photo uploading. But it also now blocks all DSi-compatible flashcarts. So what's it gonna be? Free games or Facebook?

http://gizmodo.com/5326407/dsi-firmware-14-do-you-want-facebook-or-free-games

Looks like homebrew is affected once again, can anyone verify this ?

ComixSans
July 31st, 2009, 00:32
I want both :S..... still its much more convenient to use a flash cart other than using legitimate methods and its about time Nintendo did something about it..

The ds needs developers to think its worth spending time and money developing quality games for it.. and that means sales.

Nintendo's missing a trick here by not having high quality dsi ware games out. That would give an attractive alternative to players who currently play on flash cartages. I doubt many people would go back to carrying a ton of cartages around. I certainly won't be going back to that but I'm happy to spend money on games.

When i first got a dsi i brought dsi point without realizing they had no plans to release anything good to download.. for now at least.

There slowness to act on this the reminiscent of the music industry slowness to realize what people want is to download their stuff and then have it all conveniently on their player.

Its common sense, but legitimate sales suffer unnecessarily if companies make it so the illegitimate methods of obtaining and using things are more covenant.

VampireMike
August 1st, 2009, 04:50
I downloaded the update unaware of what the update would do, so now this darn update has made my r4i card useless til someone comes up with a sollution :/
And when that person does, may he be worshipped by a dozen virgin women :P