PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update for DSI Will Stop Homebrew Working

wraggster
July 30th, 2009, 23:12
You should already be aware by now but the new update for DSI has stopped all DSI Flashcarts working and thus stops all homebrew if you update, lets hope you all have flashcarts that will be able to be updated and re enable Homebrew for DSI.

Lets see which flashcart maker will be the first to come to the aid of Homebrew fans.

juiceface
July 30th, 2009, 23:22
does the DSi support WPA encryption yet?

Qmark
July 31st, 2009, 00:04
DSi has WPA right out of the box. It only works on connections 4, 5, and 6 for some reason.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090410170441AAe5Swc

ComixSans
July 31st, 2009, 00:44
i cant open my ds right now... when i do the temptation to update is to strong!! Reminds me of the pain i had resisting installing Microsofts wga patch

VampireMike
July 31st, 2009, 04:53
Yeah I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this...I updated my DSi and now when using my r4i card I get an error message all the time >.>

Flygon
July 31st, 2009, 13:04
Well, looks like I'll be pirating DSiWare when I get the chance now, simply because Nintendo is forcing it upon themselfs, I want to be able to use my TTDSi thank you very much.

They are just shooting themselfs in the face, I had 1000 points I was very willing to spend too.

Sonny_Jim
July 31st, 2009, 16:08
I'll be pirating DSiWare when I get the chance now, simply because Nintendo is forcing it upon themselfs

They made me do it, officer.

Seriously, that's some weird logic going on there.

mattsaysfooey
July 31st, 2009, 16:28
I'll just stick with my 3 in 1 and CyClo not going to bother with DSi too much incompatibility and nonsense.

crookedmouth
August 1st, 2009, 01:21
Why is anyone surprised by this?
Exactly the reason why I decided to go with a different hand-held.

ChaoticanarchyX
August 1st, 2009, 16:19
these are the reasons I will pick the DSL over the DSi. maybe something like Bannerbomb would work on the DS. Something that will kick down the door as soon as the micro is inserted to the DS. Good theory?

ethd
August 1st, 2009, 17:54
these are the reasons I will pick the DSL over the DSi. maybe something like Bannerbomb would work on the DS. Something that will kick down the door as soon as the micro is inserted to the DS. Good theory?
I dunno if you'd manage to access the microSD from a homebrew cart in the DS. However, if the SD card slot was figured out, a BaNNeRBoMB-type exploit would probably be possible. But in that case, you wouldn't even need a homebrew cart in the first place ;)

ChaoticanarchyX
August 2nd, 2009, 23:16
then it would definitely make the DSi something of a worth while purchase xD
Times like these I wish I was a coder, cause I'm really interested in that theroy...