PDA

View Full Version : Woah, they still exist!

Eviltaco64
August 1st, 2009, 11:41
...The DCEmu profiles that is.

Feel free to breath some life into them. :P

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/z/index.php?z-profile=Eviltaco64

gdf
August 1st, 2009, 15:36
I never liked those profiles.

Junk is back, why is nobody posting in it? WHERE ARE THE CLUBS?

VampDude
August 1st, 2009, 15:56
Junk is back, why is nobody posting in it? WHERE ARE THE CLUBS?

1. Nobody is posting in Junk because other sites were created when Junk originally disbanded 2 years ago.

2. Clubs are a waste of time, plus they led to insultive behaviour to the members of other groups... Think back to 2007, GoldLine and acn010 flaming eachother and members of each group abusing the REP system to +REP their own and to -REP the others. - Though we all abused REP. :eek:

Shrygue
August 3rd, 2009, 22:04
Oh I think we'll get some more fun back in here, just wait. Also the junk forum is better than those zoints profiles.

Speaking of which, seeing that they're still in place, it seems the features' coding was just disables instead of being totally removed.

Triv1um
August 3rd, 2009, 22:31
Haha, it was me and Goldline that had the arguements. Funny shit man.

Eviltaco64
August 3rd, 2009, 22:47
JUNK is definitely better than the Zoints profiles. That wasn't my point.

I was just suprised to see they were still there and posted it in the only forum suitable. :P

Buddy4point0
August 5th, 2009, 02:50
Pretty much everyone in clubs just went on to make their own sites which all of the club members joined.
And junk is empty because DCEmu is dead.

Triv1um
August 5th, 2009, 22:53
And junk is empty because DCEmu is dead.

Agree'd.

If you ask me, it's too little too late.

The loss of JUNK killed DCEmu to be honest. It was a horrendous move on the Admins part.

ICE
August 6th, 2009, 04:21
This place is most certainly not dead. Sure its lost a large amount of activity but it gets 50 times the traffic any of the sites spawned by it gets. I dont think it has nearly as much to do with the staff's choices as people say either. Just take a look at the state of homebrew right now and compare that to DCEmu's golden days. Were people seriously here for junk or were they here for the crazy stuff going on in the scene and then posting in junk because they were here already?

I dont know what bugs me more. People saying losing junk killed this place or people saying its dead in the first place. If people would spend less time talking about how dead it is here and more time actually contributing to the forum maybe things would liven up a bit. Honestly whats the point talking about how inactive it is?

Eviltaco64
August 6th, 2009, 04:48
This place is most certainly not dead. Sure its lost a large amount of activity but it gets 50 times the traffic any of the sites spawned by it gets. I dont think it has nearly as much to do with the staff's choices as people say either. Just take a look at the state of homebrew right now and compare that to DCEmu's golden days. Were people seriously here for junk or were they here for the crazy stuff going on in the scene and then posting in junk because they were here already?

I dont know what bugs me more. People saying losing junk killed this place or people saying its dead in the first place. If people would spend less time talking about how dead it is here and more time actually contributing to the forum maybe things would liven up a bit. Honestly whats the point talking about how inactive it is?

Agreed. DCEmu's peak of popularity was the glory days of the PSP homebrew scene.

The Twilight Hack for Wii was popular, but the Wii homebrew scene didn't really have much new stuff to offer (since you can run a lot of those emulators on Dreamcast or Xbox).

Once someone hacks PS3 or Xbox 360 and we see things like a fullspeed Dreamcast emulator, the site should see a large increase in posters/activity.

VampDude
August 7th, 2009, 01:33
The PSP is what did it for me when I first joined DCEmu, three years ago...

Though like everyone else, found myself scrolling to the very bottom to Off Topic and Junk. The removal of Junk didn't kill DCEmu, except maybe it lost a few members because they joined purely to post crap. Junk was merely there for people to post crap, and to interact with the other members in a less serious manner to have fun though after a while it got out've hand which forced the staff to act out in it's closure.

Before and after it's closure, the PSP scene was slowing and then came to it's endless slow (many people losing interest in the PSP). The Wii should have taken DCEmu to a whole new level, but whilst there is potential the console lacks the vast array of coders who want to release quality titles though the Wii has a good selection of homebrew being released that DCEmu isn't covering because many people who are following the Wii homebrew scene get all the latest titles through the browser.

For DCEmu to become like it was then, there has to be a revolution in the homebrew scene. Something that people will want to join, contribute to the community and feel free to converse with the other members... Something we don't really have these days.

ICE
August 7th, 2009, 02:01
The Wii getting hacked was a huge case of who gives a crap. The PSP was exciting because of how powerful it was for a handheld. The Wii, being a home console, has noting new to offer from any other hacked console but waggle that major devs still cant seem to make fun.

Ive had a Wii since launch and only decided to hack it a month ago when someone told me all I needed was an SD card. Its just not interesting..

masterchief929
August 7th, 2009, 06:49
I left DCEmu a while ago because i was just here for the DS scene and it started to slow down and i got bored of my DS lite and i left. I just came back to check things out today and i don't think the site is dead, but it has slowed down a bit. It is still a great place to get news though.