PDA

View Full Version : Chankast WIP

Talfi
June 17th, 2004, 12:20
I saw some interesting news this morning... ;)

- FullScreen implemented
- Windows 2000 compatibility
- Naomi's Virtua Striker working, see the image:

http://chanka.emulatronia.com/Images/News/vstriker2.jpg

GREAT !!!!!!!!

-------> http://www.chanka.org/

Cap'n 1time
June 17th, 2004, 13:34
impressive.

orkocattivo
June 17th, 2004, 21:19
yes, very amazing but this naomi bios is inside the chanka's core or ?

Talfi
June 18th, 2004, 00:35
yes, very amazing but this naomi bios is inside the chanka's core or ?

No, you should have your own copy to run the games... ;-)

quzar
June 18th, 2004, 01:39
What are the odds that now we will start seeing rampant NAOMI warez floating around? No offense but dosnt this break that rule about no showing commercial games running on chanka?

MetaFox
June 18th, 2004, 02:31
What are the odds that now we will start seeing rampant NAOMI warez floating around? No offense but dosnt this break that rule about no showing commercial games running on chanka?Seeing as there is no NAOMI homebrew, it stands in the same category as MAME. EEPROM media can't be read with the original media without a dongle. Optical media can. Chanka will read GD-ROMs at some point in time - at that point commercial game discussion can start with Chanka's Dreamcast side, also.

That's the last I'm going to say on the morality issue because I am sick to death of it.

guymelef
June 18th, 2004, 05:35
educational purposes. I wish people would take the time to understand that the future of A/V media IS pioneered by videogames, for future uses in movies, marketing, well anything else you can imagine. and for educational purposes we can't let these monuments of inspiration and hardwork go to waste, hence MAME. so I think that naomi would fall underneath that. but as for console games, it's just old news usually, the main thing is that cosonle videogames shrink the size and experience. and personally I think that homebrew is the true test of that knowledge. but I could be wrong

guymelef
June 18th, 2004, 05:38
just imagine a vr multi player SOCOM arcade. *kick ass huh