PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable LocoRoco Sample

wraggster
April 24th, 2006, 22:36
News from IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/702/702909p1.html)

Looking to download a sample of LocoRoco, one of Sony Computer Entertainment's hottest upcoming tites, but too lazy to search for one of those PlayStation Spot download terminals? If you can wait a couple of days, you won't even have to leave your seat!

SCE has announced plans to distribute a demo of LocoRoco directly via the internet. Starting 4/25, you'll be able to browse over to the official LocoRoco website on your PC and download the demo directly to your Memory Stick, which can then be inserted into your PSP for a sneak peak at SCE's addictive new puzzler.
The download will require that your PSP have version 2.70 firmware. An update will be available alongside the demo. Also, the demo has only been announced for Japan at this point, and we're not sure if SCEA will make a similar demo available through its US site.

Those who can put up with Japanese text out should check out the LocoRoco website on 4/25.

Apoklepz
April 24th, 2006, 22:43
Heh...Sony thinks it's like taking candy(homebrew) from a baby(us).
Somebody will mess with this demo and make it playable at least for 1.50. Nice try Sony, but I'm keeping my candy XP.

Stewie2280
April 25th, 2006, 00:41
what format is it in exactly is it a swf game or what

Yankee_182
April 25th, 2006, 03:34
anyone can write step by step how to download this demo

the English version here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jp.playstation.com%2F scej%2Ftitle%2Flocoroco%2Fdl%2Fwp_howto.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Stewie2280
April 25th, 2006, 04:13
thats a wallpaper download

originalcracker
April 25th, 2006, 08:52
The demo is in eboot.pbp format and runs off of the memory card. Firmware 2.70 is required to run it. I'm sure that homebrew will result from messing with the file, I know some will try at least.

The site for Loco Roco is here:
http://www.locoroco.jp/home/

That is a flash site. The demo down load is next to the button that says Download. It actually says Download in Katakana. Click on it and it will bring you to this page:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/locoroco/dl/trial_dl.html

Which has a detailed description (in Japanese) about every posible way to get this onto your memory card. To make it short:

In you Mem-card the file structure should be:

PSP/GAME/UCJS10041/eboot.pbp

Just scroll down the page until you hit a download button...and all of the download buttons link to the same file.

Now, you'll also need the 2.70 firmware to play this. So you'll need the Japanese one, as I think that is the only one released this far. Here is the newest 2.70 update.

http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/jp/20060425_aea0541d63cb1d5112284efb1fb833a0/EBOOT.PBP

Put that in: Mem-card - PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Or you could do the network update.

The new update lets you Play Macromedia Flash from internet, Connection settings have been added in the internet browser settings, save content saved under RSS Channel, an automatic function for Location Free Player, can now disable channel skip function for UMD video, a new file extention added for AAC formats, Simplified and Traditional Chinese have been added to languages, and RSS Channel settings in Settings.

Well, that is about it. WOWO, I just played this wacky game. Best thing since bottled Katamari. This is a crazy game. Basically, it is your point A to point B game. You are this singing blob that can collect other blob friends and merge or split to pass different obsticals. Controls are: hold L and R tilt world for movement like the recent Yoshi game and Wario Ware. Releasing the button will cause you to jump. The circle button if pressed will cause your blob to split if you are 2 or more. Holding the Circle button will cause them to merge. Other gameplay features are simple to recegnize so try it out! Other buttons? I don't know.

Stewie2280
April 25th, 2006, 09:22
ive said bye to homebrew games and hello to flash games and also would there eventually be more demos to download

originalcracker
April 25th, 2006, 09:38
I would expect there to be more demos on the way for future games. I can't wait. Downloadable demos is a great idea.

Forever~Zero
April 25th, 2006, 14:49
I would expect there to be more demos on the way for future games. I can't wait. Downloadable demos is a great idea.

Totaly agree here. That way we can know what we are getting before buying the already expensive games.

vettacossx
April 25th, 2006, 16:49
WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GONNA UPGRADE TO 2.7 .....and loose alll there EMULATORS,GAMES,AND APPS .....YEAH....OK.....ILL downgrade!!!....LMFAO@SONY RIGHT NOW....I MEAN REALLY.....WHERES MY INSENTIVE??? THIS IS A gaming console FIRST....THEN A MP3 PLAYER OR WEB BROWSER.....I DONT SEE ANYTHING THATS GONNA ....IMPROOVE...GAMEPLAY.....RATHER IT MIGHT ACTUALLY CAUSE SOME GAMES TO NOT WORK!!! DO YOU BELEAVE THAT SHIT!!! ITS NOT AN UPDATE ITS A DOWNGRADE!!! IM A GAMER AND ILL BE DAMNED IF IM GONNA LOOSE OVER 241 HOMEBREWS FOR NOTHING!!!

HEY SONY YOU WANT ME TOO UPGRADE MAKE A PS1 EMULATOR GIVE ME
MORE THAN 241 REASONS TOO UPGRADE!!!
GIVE ME PS1!!!!
OR GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

cal360
April 25th, 2006, 16:56
this is probably a way for sony to get more people to download the firmware, give people free demos and get them to upgrade to use them, its anouther scam for upgrading and the demos will probably consist of only a few features and 1 level, its not worth it.

Apoklepz
April 25th, 2006, 20:04
^^^^^^^^^^^Agreed.

originalcracker
April 26th, 2006, 01:29
I'm fine without all of the homebrew. For the most part, I can play on my old systems. Besides emulators, I played just a handful of original homebrew titles. Even though I'll miss some of that stuff, there are other ways that I can play them. I already gave up playing homebrew on PSP so upgrading is not a factor. I don't need the PSP to play homebrew even though it was fun. I won't say anything any more positive or negative to the situation than that. All that matters is that people get to play whatever they want to play, and that choice is still ultimately up to them.

Forever~Zero
April 26th, 2006, 09:09
I'm fine without all of the homebrew. For the most part, I can play on my old systems. Besides emulators, I played just a handful of original homebrew titles. Even though I'll miss some of that stuff, there are other ways that I can play them. I already gave up playing homebrew on PSP so upgrading is not a factor. I don't need the PSP to play homebrew even though it was fun. I won't say anything any more positive or negative to the situation than that. All that matters is that people get to play whatever they want to play, and that choice is still ultimately up to them.

I agree here. Mine is already on 2.7

ORANGE8888
May 1st, 2006, 13:51
i cant download it