PDA

View Full Version : PSPool v0.1b

wraggster
April 24th, 2006, 22:50
BlackPhoenix (http://www.gophinx.co.uk/BlackPhoenix/) has released a new Pool Game for the PSP, heres the details:

<blockquote>I've finally got there, a proper public beta release!!

This game has been specially ported for the PSP, it has had at least 20 beta testers (including members of my family).. and they all gave me their own opinion on what would improve the gameplay/graphics/sound & general feel.. some ideas I put in and some I thought would be too much for a first release, but the ammo is there for the next release already.. I just need to lock myself away for another month :neutral: by the way, I am going to release the source code with the next release.. that gives me time to tidy up my code and remove any ambiguous bits.

## Special Thanks ##
go to Gerrit Jahan, for the original PC game & physics engine. Also Deanaw22 for the amazing graphics, dude I'll be calling upon you again in the near future :icon_wink & pauldude550/TPTaylor (changed his name on the forum recently) for his improvement and ideas for sound effects and music. Oh and last but not least my beta testers (listed in the README.PSP), it seriously wouldn't be as good as it is without you guys!

## New Feature ##
I added one new feature since the final beta release, the ability to change the table skin among other graphics (images below). The table is drawn from the 'images/table.bmp' file. Try changing the names of the other tables in the 'images/' dir to 'table.bmp' for your preferred colour.

## Controls ##
(when the balls are not moving)
[L] : help screen
[R] : activate/deactivate computer opponent
[SELECT] : new game, forfeit current game
[START] : demo mode, press any key to exit
[CROSS] : for placing the cue ball behind head string
[CIRCLE] : release cue ball in direction of cursor
[SQUARE] : hold down SQUARE and press up or down to
increase or decrease the shot's power
(can also be used to slow the cursor down for better aiming)
[TRIANGLE] : take screenshot (saves as screenshot.bmp)</blockquote>

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via blackphoenix (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=48629)

Erban Terrorist
April 24th, 2006, 23:40
Hey now this is a GREAT idea....hope to see more updates!!!! PROPS TO THE DEVS AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED THE PSP SCENE AND MYSELF THANK YOU 4 YOUR TIME AND EFFORT!!!!

uhoh_hotdogs
April 25th, 2006, 02:07
Excellent game. Quick question though, I was unable to exit the game using the L+R+Start command on Fanjita's eLoader 0.97, is that just my problem or is the game not able to exit yet?

Cap'n 1time
April 25th, 2006, 02:19
wow that looks great. check out the billiards game at candystand.com for more ideas

RCON
April 25th, 2006, 05:48
Good job!!! I just played it and it looks great!

Anima229
April 25th, 2006, 15:37
Excellent,Excellent Game, Can't wait for more updates!!!!

zx-81
April 25th, 2006, 21:14
I was waitting for a pool game on PSP, this one is excellent ! thanks, and keep up the good work !

cal360
April 25th, 2006, 21:41
this looks like a brilliant game keep it up!

m1ndle5s
April 25th, 2006, 23:21
i kinda hate that extra shot... but excellent work cant wait for improved updates

BlackPhoenix
April 26th, 2006, 13:46
Thanks everyone, I'm so glad you all like the game.. and thanks for the heads up here PSPdemon.. there are many things that I plan to do with Pool in the future. 8 & 9 Ball to cater for the american population. Snooker is possible too... I have got a large list of ideas on the PSPUpdates forum

The one thing I just had to put in before the release was the ability to skin the table & balls yourself. I'm thinking of launching a website in about a month or so that has a skins section for PSPool along with my other homebrew.

The more skins the better in my opinion.. I usually checkout PSPUpdates forum on a daily basis.. so send me a PM there for a quick reply ;)

PoochMyNubs
June 14th, 2006, 16:54
can version 2.70 use this game

V3N0M
June 14th, 2006, 17:22
I don't think so...

lokito69
July 14th, 2006, 01:23
good job but how do i put the game into my psp if i dont have any psp cable??? please anwser my

BlackPhoenix
July 15th, 2006, 19:40
good job but how do i put the game into my psp if i dont have any psp cable??? please anwser my
Seriously dude buy a cable :p psp's use an A to Mini B USB cable.

Or you could get a USB memory card read/writer that reads Sony Memory Stick Duo's.

Mourningstar
August 30th, 2006, 19:09
This needs to be updated very soon....it could be a great game.....

disz22
April 23rd, 2008, 07:55
im clue less........... the pool game wont work in my psp......it keeps sayin - the game could not be started.(80020148)
can someone pllz help me........