PDA

View Full Version : GPS wont go to my location

AjC
August 4th, 2009, 04:26
Hi,

I could download and install the maps with MapThis, they are working fine in my PSP.

My firmwire is 5.00m33.

I put MapThis inside GAME150.

But when I run it and select the maps of my location, the GPS-290 wont go to my exact location, and it doesnt show any information about LAT, ALT, LON, etc, its all 0000.

But it says the GPS in ON.

I waited 3 minutes and over.

What can be wrong?

binhusc
August 4th, 2009, 14:06
Did you take a look at the GPS Info if it show you fixed sats? On MapThis click start and select GPS Info. You'll need to wait until 3 sats comes fixed (with more sats, more accuracy are your pinning location and info as speed). All times I've used it worked well.

Try putting MapThis in GAME folder (I have a PSP 2k with same FW and use it in this folder).

AjC
August 4th, 2009, 19:02
Hi,

Yes, it says the GPS is ON, but I tried waiting 10 minutes and it didnt show any information (everything was zeros).

andreq
August 4th, 2009, 19:29
Where you testing outside or inside ?

I sure can confirm the GPS will not pick up inside the 3 floor high apartment building I live in.

I'm on the base floor ;)

binhusc
August 5th, 2009, 03:30
Did you entered the GPS info screen and waited until you got at least 3 sats fixed (has a column named "Fix")? You should be static while you wait the sats get fixed. If you try to use it moving, it will take too much time to fix.

As you use GPS-290 you need to know that the PSP generate some interference to the receiver. I think that's why too much people prefer Holux and now we has the suggestion of use an extension cable.