PDA

View Full Version : Mame Port Being Worked On

wraggster
April 24th, 2006, 23:27
MikeDX has posted in our forums that he is taking the source of TMKs Port of MAME for the PSP and working on it, heres what he posted:

<blockquote>Ok folks, here's the deal

I've taken TMK's pspmame, and i've started taking it to pieces. so far it runs the following games:

Pacman
Flicky
Track&Field
Galaxian

What I want to achieve with this is to release a version of MAME on the PSP with just the *cream* of old titles (roms not included)

So, let me know what games you want to see in there! I'm only going to include games that fall into bth of these categories:

1. They must run FULL SPEED (zero frameskip) on the psp
2. They must not have been released within the past 10 years.

Oh and it works great on 2.01

Mike</blockquote>

More info here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23072

kidloak09
April 25th, 2006, 01:13
capcom vs. steet fighter
marvel vs. capcom
etc.

SmashinGit
April 25th, 2006, 01:28
Asteroids, Centipede, Choplifter, Defender, Elevator Action, Frogger, Galaga, Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, Kunf Fu Master, Missile Command, Moon Cresta, Out Run, Pacman, Phoenix, R Type, Scramble, Spy Hunter, Star Wars, Super Cobra, Tempest, Time Pilot.

Anyone of these please :)

bah
April 25th, 2006, 02:48
Mr Do., Sinistar, Smash TV, Galaga or Time pilot
:D
Many thanks to MikeDX

RCON
April 25th, 2006, 04:14
tron, disc of tron, galaga and starwars! :)

zackforbing
April 25th, 2006, 05:17
OOH OOH PLEASE make it so you can turn the screen sideways for vert shooters and games like galaga! that said,

Gradius 1, 2, 3
Donpachi
Contra and Super Contra
19xx
Battle Garegga
Bubble Bobble and all the spin-offs
Galaxian
Parodius titles
Heavy Barrel
Shippu Mahou Daisakusen

:D

mutantllama
April 25th, 2006, 06:47
I think most of the titles I would like to see have already been mentioned, but here is a few more:
1941, 1943, 1943 kai, Moon patrol, Moon cresta, Darius (all versions, if possible), phoenix, Q-bert, Donley Kong (or clones), R-type Leo, Zaxxon, Xevious, Vulgus, Battlezone.
I will probably think of a few more by this evening.

Goodluck with this project MikeDX, can't wait to see this in action... :D

urherenow
April 25th, 2006, 06:51
ok... for you capcom vs whatever people. NEOGEO TITLES WILL NOT WORK (or at least not full speed anyway). Not using the MAME core. The PSP simply doesn't have enough RAM. Those games run slow on a modern computer if you only have 128MB or even 256MB of RAM. Newer games need 512MB for full speed (but then again they aren't 10 years old yet so it's a mute point to begin with)... that's not including the CPU power required either.

Smash tv... iirc has a slim to no chance as well with running at full speed.

Many of the other suggestions sound do-able and are great classics :)

umnn... Starwars... not a chance :(

oh... and if the full MAME core is being used, it most definitely IS possible to rotate the screen :D

HeavensCloud
April 25th, 2006, 08:02
Black tiger!

knight123
April 25th, 2006, 09:44
As mentioned above the shoot em ups would be great, classics like the gradius games ; 1,2,3 r-types, salamander, 19xx series.
Not to mention the golden oldies like bubble bobble, ghost n goblins, ghoul n ghost, golden axe.. the list goes on and on..
BTW Thanks on bringing the classics to the PSP

dkainer
April 25th, 2006, 10:05
Go for it MikeDX,
please can we have Star Force, Tokio, Kung Fu Master, Knuckle Joe, Green Beret, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Bomb Jack, Tiger Heli, Raiden, Terra Cresta, Rastan Saga and Rygar to name a few.
Please be my hero MikeDX...

Fanjita
April 25th, 2006, 10:56
Did you know that a guy called pegasus has already done a lot of work with MAME, especially for 2.0+ users?

Dunno if you've looked at it his changes / talked to him, but you should do:

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=29902&highlight=pegasus

jeffred
April 25th, 2006, 11:04
Thank you Thank you Thank you

Sorry if this list is a bit big, but hope any of these can work

1941, 1942, 1943, areo fighters, arkanoid, arkanoid 2, asteroids, asteroids deluxe, battle chopper, bezerk, bomb jack, bubble bubble 1 and 2, colony 7, commando, defender, dig dug, donkey kong 1 and 3 and junior, flicky, galaxian, gaplus, gauntlet 1 and 2, golden axe, green beret, gun smoke, gunforce 1 and 2, hyper sports, in the hunt, kung fu master, mad planets, mikie, pac man, nemisis/gradius 123, pacland, paperboy, parodius, phoenix, puzzle bobble 1+2, r type 123, raiden, rolling thunder, rygar, salamander 1+2, scramble, shadow dancer, shinobi, side arms, starforce, sunset riders, terra cresta, tiger heli, truxton 1+2, x multiply, xexex

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 25th, 2006, 11:59
This is awsome news was wondering when we were going to get a proper port of this Emulator not the one were u required 5 or so versions to run the differnt systems.Ive got a complete set of V104 rom set so im gagging to get this on myt psp when done.games i would love to see are all buble boble series,strider,space harrier,shinobi,wardner,splatter house,aliens,outrun,golden axe series,sidearms,1942/3,ghouls & ghosts,rygar,rolling thunder,.Great news bring it on :)

fucht017
April 25th, 2006, 12:15
MikeDX has posted in our forums that he is taking the source of TMKs Port of MAME for the PSP and working on it, heres what he posted:

<blockquote>Ok folks, here's the deal

I've taken TMK's pspmame, and i've started taking it to pieces. so far it runs the following games:

Pacman
Flicky
Track&Field
Galaxian

What I want to achieve with this is to release a version of MAME on the PSP with just the *cream* of old titles (roms not included)

So, let me know what games you want to see in there! I'm only going to include games that fall into bth of these categories:

1. They must run FULL SPEED (zero frameskip) on the psp
2. They must not have been released within the past 10 years.

Oh and it works great on 2.01

Mike</blockquote>

More info here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23072
Great news....Like to see OUTRUN......

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 25th, 2006, 12:22
OOPPPs forget everything EVERYONE wants to see lol as most of these games are 20+ years old.Stuff from the last 10 would be stuff like ridge race,r tekken, killer instinct,time crisis.We dont stand a snowflake in hells chance of running these on a psp my pc with a 256mb geforce 6600 GT 3gb of ram struggles.Perhaps broaden the time limit on the age ???. :) and how do we know then run full speed on PSP with no emu to try them on ???.Apart from the crappy old on were u had loads of different versions.

MikeDX
April 25th, 2006, 13:15
You don't have to know if they run full speed or not, those are just the qualifications to include them in the build.

I don't even know how successful I will be with this, but I'm willing to give it a very good shot. My goal is to have a handful of awesome arcade games running full speed on the psp. I'm just trying to find out what games are popular! :)

*update* Just saw that post fanjita, I've sent him a PM. Thanks! :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 25th, 2006, 13:20
hey mike wasn't dissing your work was just saying most of the games requested to run are 20+ yrs old I really hope you can get a decent functioning port of mame to work.If you need any help testing roms drop me a line @ [email protected] regards the eggman

MikeDX
April 25th, 2006, 13:25
I know you arent, I am very happy for all the positive comments so far!

I'm happy to get a handful of beta testers testing games for me. MSN might be the best way to do this.

linden
April 25th, 2006, 13:41
Mr Do & Bomber Jack, my favorites. Dig Dug would be nice too....

I can't stand the other ports ! they don't seem to work with the roms I use...

Shall I use only the roms listed in the nag ???

10shu
April 25th, 2006, 14:09
bomb jack
captain commando(cps1 and 2 would be nice)
raiden
golden axe
etc...

MikeDX
April 25th, 2006, 14:10
Mr Do & Bomber Jack, my favorites. Dig Dug would be nice too....

I can't stand the other ports ! they don't seem to work with the roms I use...

Shall I use only the roms listed in the nag ???

What do you mean by listed in the nag?

The roms that work for me are (usually) on a certain large rom site ;)

and I think most up to date mame roms work anyway

Cap'n 1time
April 25th, 2006, 14:31
heh. strider from csp1 would be sweet. the awful master system port is starting to get on my nerves.

Tjeuken
April 25th, 2006, 15:03
Elevator action, Wonderboy 1, Arkanoid, Pitfall, Kung fu master.
I'll think of some more. These should be great!
Keep up the good work!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 25th, 2006, 16:00
More than willing to help in anyway I can mike with the beta testing. And can be reached @ [email protected]

Dare Devil Denis
April 25th, 2006, 18:56
My all time favourite: Starforce

How about aiming for supporting ROMs up to 1985.
If that works out then maybe get a little more ambitous and try for later stuff although I don't think you will get full speed for games after the late '80s.

MikeDX
April 25th, 2006, 19:16
It seems TMK's mame uses pre-pspsdk memory routines and is quite a hack. I'm going to try and remove those and go with the tried and tested pspsdk routines to see if that makes any improvements. at the moment, phoenix runs like total crap but i'm putting that down to the discreet sound simulator...

NovaKane
April 25th, 2006, 20:46
Oh man, we need:

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Simpsons
- Saturday Night Slam Masters
- X-Men
- Alien Vs. Predator
- Street Fighter (1st one)
- Final Fight
- WWF WrestleFest *****
- WWF Super Stars

If MikeDX can get MAME to run all of these games and the other posters' as well, PSP will officially pwn.

shadowfighter
April 25th, 2006, 22:14
i think xmen,alien vs predator,elevator action,elevator action returns,dk,dkj,black tiger,pac man,ms pac man,yi are kung fu,galaga,defender,sunset riders,contra,super contra,ring king,punch out,super punchout,narc,legend of kageand whatever we are lucky to get from you.also working on 1.5.

oninotsume
April 26th, 2006, 02:35
My requests may be skirting the 10 year rule, but I have been dreaming of the following games on my PSP ever since I first heard of homebrew was possible.

1. CPS-1 games (Strider, Final Fight, Ghouls and Ghosts, 194X, Forgotten Worlds, Black Tiger, etc.)

2. Early 90's Konami games (Sunset Riders, Aliens, TMNT, The Simpsons, etc.)

3. Late 80's early 90's System-16 Sega Games (Outrun, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Power Drift, Altered Beast, etc.)

I know these are all aiming much higher than Pac-Man, etc., but I honestly believe that these games are the cream of the crop from back in the day. To be able to play these on the PSP would really be a dream come true.

Good luck with the development.

oninotsume
April 26th, 2006, 11:04
Sorry to write again, but you should check out over in the Dreamcast News section. Chui has just released MAME for all for the DC!
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23294

It doesn't look like he works on PSP stuff :( , but maybe he would be willing to lend some help?

Awesome developments!!

ldaneels
April 26th, 2006, 19:22
Karnov would be mighty nice...
Cheers