PDA

View Full Version : GPS - nav4all

richard_dreadlock
April 25th, 2006, 02:25
Hey guys,
I need some help over here...
Recently i decided to install a global positioing system on my motorola v3... some friends recomended me tomtom as a good GPS navigator, but i came accross another one... it is called nav4all and it is for free. The ony thing i'm worried about is the quality... has any of you used this programme before on his mobile?
All opinions will be appreciated, thanks

quzar
April 25th, 2006, 10:54
chui? =P

stranger
May 10th, 2006, 14:51
I also have V3 and needed GPS softare for it ..I wanted to buy TomTom but it does not work with this phone ,so as i am really attached to it (it is such a cool phone :P) i decided to give a try to some free options ..that is how i found nav4all ..I am not amazed by its features ,but is ok ,especially if you need it for highroads ..Anyway it is for free ,so it is worthy at least checking it out!

Good Luck!

Cap'n 1time
May 11th, 2006, 17:54
chui? =P

my first thought too... odd :p

richard_dreadlock
May 25th, 2006, 20:17
yeah, i checked it out and works fine for now... but it's true that it lacks some graphical design... however, the programme seems very light and fast, which is good and makes it at least efficient.. i don't have to download unwanted traffic of maps i'm not gonna use... but do you know if they'll improve it after they make it paid?

stranger
June 16th, 2006, 00:38
well they better do ,because otherwise would be really dissapointing ..I think that there is a future in its development ,because the idea of a direct download from a satelite is something which really differenciates it -this is soo much better than to buy the maps in advance ..But the prices for the data transfer should be lowered, or at least equalized-it is so strange -soemetimes it downloads more ,sometimes less and the map is the same in the end...

richard_dreadlock
July 9th, 2006, 19:44
Well, yeah.. there are two things about nav4all... first, the download per MB is not as expensive as many people thin and seond, it's up to yoou to decide how much you want to download.. I mean you live-steram the maps from the i-net and you download only the ones that you need; not a bundle of maps for a whole area. Thus you wouldn't have to pay for maps from the same area that you're not gonna use..

stranger
July 12th, 2006, 00:04
yeah, richrad what u say about the maps is really cost saving ,but still i don`t undertsand this fluctuations in the size of the maps ..

and something else which i was wondering about..do u really thing that it going to be just 1 euro which u have to pay to nav4all for using the software? to me it seems too low and somehow unrealistic.

stranger
September 28th, 2006, 23:28
it turned out that it was really 1 euro ,although i didn`t believe it .., but what i don`t understand now is why they keep the free download? all my coleagues use it ,it is quite popular , i really think they would make a lot of money if they start charging for the download, but they don`t do it .. Obviously there is some sort of game here which i don`t get