PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.70 Released for US and Japan and Homebrew Not Working Confirmed

wraggster
April 25th, 2006, 15:42
Carrying on from what we posted yesterday about Homebrew not working on the new v2.70 firmware, today it has been released and confirmed that Sony have plugged the hole. Lets see if this causes any problems with games working, but for homebrew fans if you upgrade you lose the ability to play homebrew, the balls in your court.\

Pages for Japanese and US Firmware are here -->

Japanese Firmware:http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/ud_01.html

USA Firmware:
http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx?id=SoftwareUpdate

No News on a Euro 2.70 ? yet

SSaxdude
April 25th, 2006, 15:46
This is proof that Sony hates homebrew: they patched up the GTA exploit even though no downgrader or iso loader works with it.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 25th, 2006, 15:58
Well its early days yet im sure fanjta and the boys will soon find an exploit..

geise69
April 25th, 2006, 16:03
Yeah Sony pretty much sucks. They didn't have to close the GTA exploit. That was doing no harm, and I seriously doubt any iso loader was going to come of it. However sony does have a right to protect their intellectual property. Yes you did buy their psp, but it's still their hardware and they have a right to keep unauthorised products from being on their systems. When people are getting older games for emulators for free it kinda keeps people from buying actual games. Granted the games haven't really been much to scream about but still. Also I don't feel that Sony is really trying to scam people into updating their psps to get one more person out of homebrew. I don't really think it's ever been that way. Majority of the people that are really into the scene already know what's going on. It's the casual gamers the firmwares are being targeted to. People that want to use their psp with the ps3 when it comes out are also eventually going to have to upgrade. I bet that the PSP will only work with the ps3 by having the newest firmware which will more than likely be firmware 3.0. I'm hoping for an exploit of firmware 3.0 in the future but looks like people are going to have to forget about sony psp games all together or just update. It's not worth really getting a 2nd psp for IMHO.

vettacossx
April 25th, 2006, 16:31
WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GONNA UPGRADE TO 2.7 .....and loose alll there EMULATORS,GAMES,AND APPS .....YEAH....OK.....ILL downgrade!!!....LMFAO@SONY RIGHT NOW....I MEAN REALLY.....WHERES MY INSENTIVE??? THIS IS A gaming console FIRST....THEN A MP3 PLAYER OR WEB BROWSER.....I DONT SEE ANYTHING THATS GONNA ....IMPROOVE...GAMEPLAY.....RATHER IT MIGHT ACTUALLY CAUSE SOME GAMES TO NOT WORK!!! DO YOU BELEAVE THAT SHIT!!! ITS NOT AN UPDATE ITS A DOWNGRADE!!! IM A GAMER AND ILL BE DAMNED IF IM GONNA LOOSE OVER 241 HOMEBREWS FOR NOTHING!!!

HEY SONY YOU WANT ME TOO UPGRADE MAKE A PS1 EMULATOR GIVE ME
MORE THAN 241 REASONS TOO UPGRADE!!!
GIVE ME PS1!!!!
OR GIVE ME A BREAK!!! TELL ME SONY WHY SHOULD WE RESPECT YOU AND YOUR RULES WHEN WE DID JUST THAT YOU STILL SLAPED US IN THE PERVERBIAL FACE!!! SHALL WE MAKE SOME ISO LOADERS AND DOWNGRADERS I MEAN SONY IS TREATING OUR FAV CODERS AND PROGRAMERS LIKE SHIT PPL AND I FOR ONE DONT LIKE IT!! AND MORE THAN THAT I APPRECIATE ALL THE GR8 PPL WE HAVE IN THE COMMUNITY NOW EVERYONE OF THE BIG GUYS AT THESE SITES MADE SURE THERE WAS NO TALK OF ISO LOADERS OR ANY " DISECTING OF UMD'S FOR USE OF THERE HOLES" AND WE DID NOT PROMOTE PIRACY BUT AFTER GETTING SLAPPED IN THE FACE WITH THIS SO CALLED UPDATE.....IM CHANGING MY TUNE ABOUT PIRACY GOOD JOB SONY YOU HAVE CONVINCED ANOTHER LOYAL FAN TOO HATE YOU ENOUGH TO PIRATE....IM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!

cal360
April 25th, 2006, 16:38
there's always hope that it will be able to run homebrew even if there's only a few that will run off it

vettacossx
April 25th, 2006, 16:40
Could Sony Change The Psp's Language In A Update Too Be There Own Spin-off C++ Type Language??

Sterist
April 25th, 2006, 17:07
to any psp dev who's poked at the GTA exploit:

have u checked to see if they just rearranged the syscalls / resources? like wut they did from 2.50 -> 2.60

neoridge
April 25th, 2006, 17:39
has any1 actulay goten a flash movie to run of the flash player?

chronoswing
April 25th, 2006, 18:19
wtf... it upgraded without having my ac adapter plugged into it... odd. Lucky I was at full battery or I would of raised hell.

grin.ch
April 25th, 2006, 18:30
I hope the hackers can do it! Crack 2.7!!! that would rock! Right now, the homebrew scene is kinda dead, but it's the 1337 h4x0r5 vs. Sony Devs. Quite a fight if you ask me!

Voltron
April 25th, 2006, 18:33
don't Upgrade!

SoQb0nc5r
April 25th, 2006, 18:33
i upgraded, flash is useless, you play most flash games, it says not enough memory.

gotmilk0112
April 25th, 2006, 19:43
O.o; scary. me wont update. i dont watch flash movies anyways. i mean cmon who the hell would give up over 200 homebrews just for friggin flash movie support?

jman420
April 25th, 2006, 20:25
I'm just gonna keep with my Firmware 1.5 untill I have the cash to buy another PSP, then I will upgrade :D

I like the idea of being able to put every Strong Bad EMail on my memory card, and watching them..

But, Caelestis is coming out soon, and I need to be able to play that! flash is almost useless in the grand sceme of things..

John Vattic
April 25th, 2006, 20:59
Sony likes $$$$$$. they don't like YOU the gamer! take this latest firmware as a big f you from $ony.

Shilo
April 25th, 2006, 21:52
how well do the flash movies play on 2.7?

mog
April 25th, 2006, 22:50
When people are getting older games for emulators for free it kinda keeps people from buying actual games. Granted the games haven't really been much to scream about but still. Also I don't feel that Sony is really trying to scam people into updating their psps to get one more person out of homebrew. I don't really think it's ever been that way.
Hmm, i still don't get why they block new games and movies from running on older firmwares though.
There are 10+ umd games i have wanted to buy, have the money to buy, and would be playing right now, if they would work on the firmware that came with my psp - 1.00. :rolleyes:

I don't see why I they try to force updates, i don't want any of the new features, this would be the eighth update i would have done in under a year now, if i didn't choose not to update to each new firmware that came out.
That's 8 slim chances that something could go wrong... and my japanese psp, which cant be taken back cos im in the uk, could be dead.

Sony likes $$$$$$. they don't like YOU the gamer! take this latest firmware as a big f you from $ony.
Nope, if they really liked money, they would not be blocking people from buying their games...
So in conclusion, Sony really doesn't like homebrew... :(

Hungry Horace
April 26th, 2006, 00:00
i hope Tomb Raider comes out for PSP before 2.7 reaches Europe.... it's the only reason i have considered upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6....

otherwise, i'll stick with the homebew thanks.

(so much for Sony losing money cos of homebrew, if they actively supported it they would make *more* money from people like me who only want 3 or 4 new games)

Fanjita
April 26th, 2006, 00:43
to any psp dev who's poked at the GTA exploit:

have u checked to see if they just rearranged the syscalls / resources? like wut they did from 2.50 -> 2.60

Hard to be sure, because the first barrier they've put in the way is a check, within the savegame API, for the GTA exploit. Anything remotely resembling a buffer overflow in GTA is now well and truly squashed.

So we're not even getting near the syscalls yet.

Cooe14
April 26th, 2006, 00:55
Hey Fanjita; IndianCheese said that you aren't going to be working on anymore exploits and that you may be quiting (or something to that effect). Is this true?

not here anymore
April 26th, 2006, 15:35
jap, us and euro firmwares are exactly the same byte for byte.
I wonder why sony japan states on their page to not use the firmware available there to upgrade US or EURO PSPs..
Later,

TSR

grin.ch
April 26th, 2006, 16:56
Neveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!