PDA

View Full Version : Euro PSP firmware is go!

wraggster
April 25th, 2006, 15:48
News from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=138490)

Arriving in Europe today with Flash support, improved music playback and, from May 25, LocationFree TV!

As we reported yesterday, Japanese PSP owners are in line for a new PSP Firmware update 2.7, which adds some funky new features like Macromedia Flash support and the ability to play various music files.

We also hoped news of a similar European Firmware release wouldn't be too far behind, but Sony has only gone and surprised us by announcing it just one day later, no doubt sparking tears of joy amongst European fans of its sleek little handheld.

Just like the Japanese PSP update, Euro PSP owners will get splendid new Flash support for browsing the web, as well as now being able to play MP3, ATRAC, AAC and WMA music file formats, substantially increasing their audio options.

Advertisement:Perhaps the most interesting development though is 2.7's LocationFree TV, with Sony promising that instead of watching a TV set, TV will now come to you via your home tuner. Apparently you'll be able to watch live TV from wherever you are, playback recorded programmes and even set a timer to tape future recordings, with LocationFree being launched in the UK, France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands from next month.

Seems like a splendid development and, if it means we'll never miss an episode of Lost or Green Wing again, that's just fine by us. You'll be able to score LocationFree TV and all the other goodies from May 25, by heading on over to www.yourpsp.com, or by downloading it direct via wi-fi, now.

Remember that Homebrew is a goner before you update

vettacossx
April 25th, 2006, 16:30
WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GONNA UPGRADE TO 2.7 .....and loose alll there EMULATORS,GAMES,AND APPS .....YEAH....OK.....ILL downgrade!!!....LMFAO@SONY RIGHT NOW....I MEAN REALLY.....WHERES MY INSENTIVE??? THIS IS A gaming console FIRST....THEN A MP3 PLAYER OR WEB BROWSER.....I DONT SEE ANYTHING THATS GONNA ....IMPROOVE...GAMEPLAY.....RATHER IT MIGHT ACTUALLY CAUSE SOME GAMES TO NOT WORK!!! DO YOU BELEAVE THAT SHIT!!! ITS NOT AN UPDATE ITS A DOWNGRADE!!! IM A GAMER AND ILL BE DAMNED IF IM GONNA LOOSE OVER 241 HOMEBREWS FOR NOTHING!!!

HEY SONY YOU WANT ME TOO UPGRADE MAKE A PS1 EMULATOR GIVE ME
MORE THAN 241 REASONS TOO UPGRADE!!!
GIVE ME PS1!!!!
OR GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

sroon
April 25th, 2006, 17:16
I updated already this morning at 7.00 am and it is pretty decent.

cal360
April 25th, 2006, 17:19
it might be a bad mistake to upgrade you will lose homebrew untill someone figures a way to hack it and nobody even knows if it will be able to play homebrew in the future

Voltron
April 25th, 2006, 18:31
"We also hoped news of a similar European Firmware release wouldn't be too far behind, but Sony has only gone and surprised us by announcing it just one day later, no doubt sparking tears of joy amongst European fans of its sleek little handheld."

Tears of joy? What is so joyous about killing your PSP's homebrew ability? Any tears of joy can only be shed by those who have no idea of the immense capabilities and excitement PSP homebrew provides. Sucks for them....

muffinman
April 25th, 2006, 20:38
who ever upgrades to this is a fool.

that one line says it all

cartmandude14
April 25th, 2006, 21:02
yeah m no way upgrading....i waited 4ever for a 2.0 hack...then upgraded!!!!!!no ive waited 4ever for 2.6 homebrew and.. well im ont making the same mistake again.... but i was just wondering if someone can use this upgrade to make a hacked firmware update... allowing homebrew and new features. cause ive seen other hack updaters like flashmod and sumthin else.

cartmandude14
April 25th, 2006, 21:17
oh wait... does gta cheat device work?

mog
April 25th, 2006, 22:13
lol, nice find... seems most psp homebrew website's are trying to find the most funny postings of the new firmware release... "tears of joy" lol :D

location free tv in the uk? i'll believe that when i see it... thats about as likely as finding a wifi internet hotspot for the webbrowser! :rolleyes:
old flash 6 with limited playback? cool, is it much better than the homebrew one is so far?
new audio codecs? i thought all of them were in 2.00? except wma, that came with 2.60 didn't it?
not that i can be bothered to convert all my mp3s to something thats not compatible with my other devices.
also, updating will probably try and swap my O and X button's over...

nope, for some reason i will NOT be leaving my 1.00 for 2.70...
i will just wait for it to be emulated in a firmware loader! :p
the only decent reason i could see for anyone updating is for 2.01+ users, if a nice little hole gets found in 2.7 to downgrade back to 1.5 again...