PDA

View Full Version : LocoRoco PSP demo

wraggster
April 25th, 2006, 15:56
News from Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64056)

Sony appears to have finally woken up to the idea of downloadable PSP demos - and today's release is for one we've been looking forward to for absolutely ages, LocoRoco.

A trial version of the game, which involves tilting the play area to wobble some blobs around platform-style levels, is available from the game's Japanese site now. (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/locoroco/dl/trial_dl_agree.html)
The actual download is only 8MB, but unfortunately you'll first need to download the new 2.7 system firmware to play it. (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64055)

Once you've done that - and although Sony would discourage you from running the US firmware on a UK PSP, there's actually nothing stopping you - you can download the demo, put your PSP in USB Connection mode while connected to your PC, and by popping the EBOOT.PBP file in a /PSP/GAME/UCJS1O041/ folder on your Memory Stick Duo you should put yourself in a position to join in the fun.

The only thing you might want to bear in mind is that version 2.7 firmware will rule out any chance you had of running homebrew code - at least until someone cracks this one, anyway.

LocoRoco is due out over here on 23rd June according to Sony's most recent UK schedule.

vettacossx
April 25th, 2006, 16:26
WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GONNA UPGRADE TO 2.7 .....and loose alll there EMULATORS,GAMES,AND APPS .....YEAH....OK.....ILL downgrade!!!....LMFAO@SONY RIGHT NOW....I MEAN REALLY.....WHERES MY INSENTIVE??? THIS IS A gaming console FIRST....THEN A MP3 PLAYER OR WEB BROWSER.....I DONT SEE ANYTHING THATS GONNA ....IMPROOVE...GAMEPLAY.....RATHER IT MIGHT ACTUALLY CAUSE SOME GAMES TO NOT WORK!!! DO YOU BELEAVE THAT SHIT!!! ITS NOT AN UPDATE ITS A DOWNGRADE!!! IM A GAMER AND ILL BE DAMNED IF IM GONNA LOOSE OVER 241 HOMEBREWS FOR NOTHING!!!

HEY SONY YOU WANT ME TOO UPGRADE MAKE A PS1 EMULATOR GIVE ME
MORE THAN 241 REASONS TOO UPGRADE!!!
GIVE ME PS1!!!!
OR GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

self0
April 25th, 2006, 17:09
caps sux

d3v1l
April 25th, 2006, 20:09
caps may suck, but hes right there, loosing all the homebrew apps doesnt work, ill upgrade to 2.7 when the monkey64 is out and running on 2.7 , together with a ps1 emulator, and tv without the stupid locationfree base station..i mean..its ****in more expensive then a psp with 1 gb memory!

so to sony, YOU SUCK!

if you would have kept the homebrew , as long as its not in user mode, then it would be a big +++ for the psp, cuz in user mode we keep most of the homebrew, without the iso shit, so no bad things for sony...stupid wackass sony ppl... :rolleyes:

Stew2000
April 25th, 2006, 20:14
First point, I updated to 2.70 so bleh to you,
and second I called the folder Loco Roco not ucjbeebidewhat.
Third its a fun demo.

d3v1l
April 25th, 2006, 20:25
bleh to me?lol i can still play my homebrew:P and like 2.60 gameloaders are bein developed, it will be a matter of time before 2.70 gameloaders will arrive...so ill wait:)

John Vattic
April 25th, 2006, 20:53
i hate corporation$. in all frankness i'm surprised they aren't charging $ for the downloadable demo.

firmware updates are an example of forced consumerism at its worst.
Think of it this way; if everything were standardized we would be exploring space right now. Why show respect for a corporation if they less than respect it's own $ generators.
pick your pod in the Matrix. Any pod you like.

They are like the Halliburton of the video game scene. Then they wonder why the nintendo DS is out selling almost 2 to 1. Because we aren't the US government and we don't favor one console over the other(at least until they pull this bullocks)

P.S. to $ony Corp., video gamers are often known for their lazy thought processes T or F

you had better pray for the true otherwise you are shafting millions of gamers who know BETTER and are far more inginuitive than your firmware engineers.

Congradulations $ony you ruined a perfectly awesome video game console.
All for the uberlieb of money$.<--check the NWO referrence
even a playstation emulator and FREE games for it couldn't get me to update now.
take your web browser and music streaming and stick it far up your greedy a***es

Did i mention i hate Corporation$?

cartmandude14
April 25th, 2006, 21:23
fanjita will probably find out what will let this boot off the memory stick and not homebrew, then develope a program to alter the code in it to match this.

p.s. does the UCJS10041 thing have anything to do with ability to boot?

Stew2000
April 25th, 2006, 21:37
p.s. does the UCJS10041 thing have anything to do with ability to boot?

I don't think so seen I renamed it to Loco Roco, and it still works.

Well I'm sure someone can get into the Loco Roco EBOOT and find what makes it run for homebrew on 2.70,

I you want homebrew...have it!, Stay at 2.00 or whatever.

cartmandude14
April 25th, 2006, 21:47
i need sum1 with a 2.7 to try this. but i changed code from the old 1.5 hack using locoroco code to create a possible working tetris homebrew. i can email it or aim it. ill try to upload it!

cal360
April 25th, 2006, 21:48
keep the firmware you've got now don't get the demos untill there is something to remove the e-boot or something, as 2.70 can do nothing right now as there is no way to play homebrew on it, so if you want to keep your homebrew don't use the demos, but if you have no use for homebrew or emulators you might as well upgrade and get the new features, but this is probably a new way for sony to get people to upgrade so don't fall for it!

pakkman781
April 25th, 2006, 23:48
Can't wait till somebody cracks the demo to run on any firmware, just to prove a point :P

TobberH
April 26th, 2006, 00:32
WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GONNA UPGRADE TO 2.7

Well, maybe those of us who have 2 PSPs?

A black with 1.5 for homebrew and a white with 2.7 for all the latest stuff. ;)

Have just downloaded the Loco Roco demo to give it a shot.. Looks really fun that game... :)

EDIT: Well, just played the demo through (and found all three "grey guys" for a perfect) ... This game IS SOO MUCH FUN!!!! Can't wait to buy the full version.. :)

Regards, Tobber...

pkmusicmaker
April 26th, 2006, 02:39
i hate corporation$. in all frankness i'm surprised they aren't charging $ for the downloadable demo.

firmware updates are an example of forced consumerism at its worst.
Think of it this way; if everything were standardized we would be exploring space right now. Why show respect for a corporation if they less than respect it's own $ generators.
pick your pod in the Matrix. Any pod you like.

They are like the Halliburton of the video game scene. Then they wonder why the nintendo DS is out selling almost 2 to 1. Because we aren't the US government and we don't favor one console over the other(at least until they pull this bullocks)

P.S. to $ony Corp., video gamers are often known for their lazy thought processes T or F

you had better pray for the true otherwise you are shafting millions of gamers who know BETTER and are far more inginuitive than your firmware engineers.

Congradulations $ony you ruined a perfectly awesome video game console.
All for the uberlieb of money$.<--check the NWO referrence
even a playstation emulator and FREE games for it couldn't get me to update now.
take your web browser and music streaming and stick it far up your greedy a***es

Did i mention i hate Corporation$?

I'll be honest, I didn't read this entire post because seeing S replaced with $ caused me to stop reading immediately.

grin.ch
April 26th, 2006, 16:54
good waste of a post, pkmusicmaker! I am never upgrading! Got a v1.50 White PSP. Tho I dunno why dude a few posts up would keep his White PSP at 2.70 and his black at 1.50... I would have it the other way around.

pkmusicmaker
April 26th, 2006, 18:29
good waste of a post, pkmusicmaker!

Thank$

TobberH
April 26th, 2006, 22:07
good waste of a post, pkmusicmaker! I am never upgrading! Got a v1.50 White PSP. Tho I dunno why dude a few posts up would keep his White PSP at 2.70 and his black at 1.50... I would have it the other way around.

Yeah I know, but that was not an option.. I got the black one from Japan as a 1.5 before you could get them in Denmark where I live.. And I've never updated it. And then I bought a white one recently because, well, It's sooo nice to look at, and since you can't get the white with 1.5-2.0, I thought I might as well use that as the "newest firmware" one... :)

Regards, Tobber...