PDA

View Full Version : Backupprogrammes?

Fender
April 25th, 2006, 18:14
I think it is time to install some backup software on my pc. But there's so much to choose from that I have no idea how to start narrowing things down a bit. Anybody got any suggestions as to goo backup software?

grin.ch
April 25th, 2006, 18:43
I don't know, but if you want a fully-customizable web browser, one that totally rocks and even gives you the option of pausing downloads (btw, all of your web browswer screens will be in the one main window instead of taking up your entire start menu bar) click here:

http://www.opera.com/download/

It's called Opera.

Cap'n 1time
April 25th, 2006, 19:06
ghost is expensive... but it works fine.

hireandfire
May 4th, 2006, 03:08
Norton Save & Restore is even better than Ghost.

On top of what Ghost does, it lets you create archives with just the files and folders that you preselect. that way, you save diskspace and valuable time whilst not making backups over and over again of your OS and applications.

If you make a backup of files, you can even search the archives for individual files in case you lost or deleted or changed something important.

Cap'n 1time
May 4th, 2006, 04:24
does anyone know of a free (and easy) linux alternative? just wondering

Fender
August 3rd, 2006, 04:00
Thanks for the input. After what you said I decided to give Save and Restore a try. I can only recommend it; the best part so far is that I can easily chose where to store my backups. I am not sure yet where exactly I should put my backups, for now I am burning them on a CD, but I might get an external drive, too.

Anyway, Save and Restore works fine, I am doing one update per week now, hoping that will be enough. With an external drive I would probably save my files more often, though.