PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Developers needed for Game Convention

Darksaviour69
August 7th, 2009, 01:11
Got this in my "inbox":

I represent an up and coming consumer-oriented interactive media convention called Infinite Bits. We are seeking indie and homebrew game developers to attend and exhibit at our convention. Infinite Bits will take place at the Doubletree Miami Mart Hotel and Convention Center in sunny Miami, Florida on October 23-25, 2009. We are offering tables exclusively for indie and homebrew game developers at the price of 40$ for the weekend, which includes admission, and is only $5 more than standard public admission. We are hoping you could share this opportunity with your community, so we may show our dedication to "the little guys". Some of the highlights of the convention will include:

* World record-setting competitions officiated by Twin Galaxies, who provide all the high scores for the Guinness Book of World Records.
* Billy Mitchell, Pac-Man and Donkey Kong world record holder and featured in the documentaries Chasing Ghosts and King of Kong
* Finals for IGDA South Florida's Unreal Tournament 3 Level Design Contest.
* Over 120 games to play, 14 tournaments, and an interactive museum featuring video game systems from Pong and Atari 2600 up to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3

If you would like more information, please feel free to email us back or view our website, which is located at http://InfiniteBitsConvention.com/ .

Miami, Florida is a little far for me to travel (no direct bus from Belfast), but I'm sure there are a few of your in the homebrew community that might like to go.

megaman_zer0
August 7th, 2009, 06:48
sounds awesome if this is true.

Eviltaco64
August 7th, 2009, 07:50
Driving directions to Miami, FL
1,211 mi – about 18 hours 50 mins

I'm out. :/