PDA

View Full Version : Konami reissuing old PlayStation 2 games

wraggster
August 7th, 2009, 20:53
Konami has confirmed to Eurogamer that it is reissuing old PlayStation 2 games to shops, as suspected by one of its readers.

"They are proper reissues," a spokesperson told our sister site. "Konami has put them out at budget price because of demand. They are re-manufactured. They are ours."

Those PS2 games are Suikoden Tactics, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. And they will soon be joined by Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4.

"We've manufactured certain amounts depending on the title," the spokesperson added, "and they're being bought by wholesalers so will likely pop up in independent rather than chain stores."

The games will be priced between GBP 10 and GBP 20, according to the source.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/konami-reissuing-old-playstation-2-games

VampDude
August 7th, 2009, 21:50
Konami are cashing in, on what is said to be the PS2's last year... I might pick up the PS2's Silent Hill trilogy, since I only rented and played Silent Hill 2. Though I probably won't if the case designs aren't dark like Silent Hill 2 and 3, because I dislike the Budget/Platinum style cases.

brandonheat8
August 8th, 2009, 03:24
just a thought, maybe this is because konami was the first company sony told that the ps3 slim would be backwards compatible with ps2 games. Or these games are going to be released on the PSN, but they want everyone to be able to buy it in stores to. Ps, remember just a thought.