PDA

View Full Version : MAME4ALL alpha pre-release for testing

chui
April 26th, 2006, 09:16
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.png

First MAME4ALL alpha binaries is out for testing purposes.
At the moment, MAME4ALL is split 3 binaries:

- MAME4ALL/Aged: PACMAN, GALAXIAN, SCRAMBLE, CCLIMBER, PHOENIX, NAMCO, UNIVERS, NINTENDO, MIDW8080, MIDWZ80, MEADOWS, ASTROCDE, IREM, OLDTAITO, QIXTAITO, TAITO, WILLIAMS, CAPBOWL, GREMLIN, VICDUAL, SEGAV, SEGAR, ZAXXON, SYSTEM8, BTIME, DATAEAST, DEC8, KONAMI, EXIDY, KANGAROO, MISSILE, ATARIBW, ATARSY2, ROCKOLA, BERZERK, GAMEPLAN, STRATVOX, ZCCARIA, UPL, CINEMAR, THEPIT, GOTTLIEB and VALADON.

- MAME4ALL/Classic: TAITO2, CENTIPED, ATARIVG, NEMESIS, MCR, TEHKAN, DEC0, ATARI, TECHNOS, CAPCOM, ATARISY1, SEIBU, NICHIBUTSU and OTHERS.

- MAME4ALL/Gold: CPS1, SYSTEM16 and TMNT.

MAME4ALL romset is a MAME 0.34/0.35 romset based.
Others romset, like newest MAMEs, is not valid. See MAME GP2X website (http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/).
The best method is copy to /roms all MAME GP2X (http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/) zipped roms except NeoGeo roms.
Also it is good idea to use Windows version available for testing romset.

Download and more info at MAME4ALL site (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.html).

ron
April 26th, 2006, 10:07
Go Go GO GO ..... Great pre-release. Congratulations CHUI

oninotsume
April 26th, 2006, 10:48
System 16 and CPS1 in the same package!!
Unbelieveable! I've wanted this for so long.

My apologies Chui if I contradict one of your policies by asking, but is such a project possible, and would you ever think about porting it to the PSP?

Right now there are some people trying to work on MAME it seems, but from what I've read your prefetch ideas, etc. are the key to getting this stuff to work on something with such small ram like the PSP.

In any case I'm going to have to try this bad boy out the second I get some time.

PS. One noob question here. When I burn this can I put all three files on one disc, or do I have do burn a different disc for each version of MAME?

For example: Root/gold
Root/Roms

or is
Root/gold
Root/aged
Root/classic
Root/Roms

okay?

chui
April 26th, 2006, 12:21
Its a preliminar version for testing, so you need toast a diferent cd for each mame4all.
The cdrom must be:
/1st_read.bin
/ip.bin
/roms/*.zip

At future, i want build a intro/menu for select mame4all before.
But today, maybe the best solution its use a elf/bin loader.

About PSP, i am not interesting it, but source code is avalaible at MAME4ALL site (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.html).

oninotsume
April 26th, 2006, 13:26
Thank you for replying to my inquiry.

It's disheartening to hear that you aren't interested in the PSP, because it seems like you have the most talent with this type of program, but hopefully some other PSP programmers are inspired and take up the challenge.

I'll get down to testing some games tomorrow and hopefully be able to post my results soon. Should we post our results here?

Once again thanks for making such a cool program.

Darksaviour69
April 26th, 2006, 13:33
please post your test results here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109333#post109333)

obelisk
April 26th, 2006, 18:35
we need a clear list of games, split into the 3 sub-categories, cause this is mind-blowing, straight up. Thanks Team DCiberia! U rock, like always!

YZB
April 26th, 2006, 19:56
Great !!!
TEST^-^

arqueiro
April 26th, 2006, 20:55
wonderfull i was just waiting for this ! thanks for your work chui!

ZeTek
April 26th, 2006, 21:48
When emu Nintendo 64 Chui.

When emu PSX Chui.

Thanks for the answer

chui
April 26th, 2006, 22:28
I think that it is impossible to emulate n64, running at decent speed, with dreamcast.
About PSX, i am working on it, but maybe we need around 1 year.

oninotsume
April 27th, 2006, 02:27
Hi I burned a copy of the MAME4ALL last night, but when I tried it in my DC this morning it didn't work.

Can someone tell me if I did something wrong?

1. made a random file and placed the 1stread.bin and a folder called ROMS with Zip. rom files inside.

2. Used a program called boot dream to make a self-boot disc.

3. The program said I had no ip.bin would I like to make one, and I chose yes and made a Nero img.

4. Took image and burned it with Nero Burning rom.

Is there something here in sequence that I did incorrectly? Any advice would be appreciated as I would really like to try this out.

Thanks

gxb
April 27th, 2006, 05:13
I've been waiting for a long time !
thank you,Chui.

Darksaviour69
April 27th, 2006, 11:03
Hi I burned a copy of the MAME4ALL last night, but when I tried it in my DC this morning it didn't work.

1. made a random file and placed the 1stread.bin and a folder called ROMS with Zip. rom files inside.

3. The program said I had no ip.bin would I like to make one, and I chose yes and made a Nero img.

Is there something here in sequence that I did incorrectly? Any advice would be appreciated as I would really like to try this out.

Thanks

what version of nero do you have?

gxb
April 27th, 2006, 14:18
The driver is not newest , some TMNT games are not supported such as sunset rider.
And the Q sound games' sound are buggy.All cps1-Qsound-games run without sound ,and the screen is too big for TV to show,the video should be streched to fit the TV screen .
:(
The color of game is not accurate enough.
However, this is just a pre-release version, keep on working ,chui.
THX 4 your hard-working .
Try to fix the Qsound emulation for CPS games ,will you?

chui
April 27th, 2006, 15:04
Yes, is 0.34/0.35 MAME based, drivers is old.

Pavlik
April 27th, 2006, 16:43
dont try to burn emu and roms on different sessions / discs - swap it is not supported by emu

Kairo Hayime
April 28th, 2006, 19:16
Hello Chui, you can read my testing inform in the Spanish Comunity, ahh I forgot... I put all roms in 1 CD, with all binaries and Run perfectly, Make this with DemoMenu for launching and the 3 binary files into Root

Christuserloeser
April 29th, 2006, 18:34

Thanks

Everything you did was correctly! Except one thing: NERO!

Try burning your Nero *.NRG image with Alcohol120% in TAO mode. That will work.

A better solution for the future: Use BootDreams' great "CDRECORD" method ;)

Alternatively you could create a DiscJuggler CDI with BootDreams and burn it using BootDreams own "CDI BURNER" or Alcohol120%.

Zherae
April 29th, 2006, 23:13
Made a DCHakker disk with all three versions, very impressed, thanks for running the emu in 320x240 looks so great on a TV, the speed is great too, very promissing. Thanks for all the hard work!

warmtoe
May 2nd, 2006, 08:13
It has been ages since I put anything onto a CD - but this is really sounding like a great piece of work.

Me, I like old-skool stuff the best, which already worked on the older MAMEs - how does this fare with things like Popeye, Double-Dragon, R-Type - ie, not quite-so old-skool?

xor
May 6th, 2006, 06:31
constantly amazed of how Chui and Fox68k keep pushing the Dreamcast, reminds me of the Amiga and C64 days. Thank You guys!

Tried Mame4All and had insane enjoyment of playing classics like Ghost'n Goblins, Bubble Bobble, Gauntlet, Gunsmoke, Zaxxon, Snowbros, Solomon's Key, Pacman, Choplifter, Hypersports, Kung Fu Master, Ladybug, the list goes on...

Here's hoping that Fox68k's upcoming Z80 emulator will help bring more games up to full speed, though I must say only a few are really unplayable, Double Dragon comes first to mind.

Also, like someone previously mentioned, I REALLY like that it runs on standard 320x240 resolution, since for the games that fit within those screen boundaries, it looks just like on the arcade on a rgb tv. even though I assume that Chui will add a stretch mode later on, I really hope that he will keep this mode, and perhaps add a 640x240 option for certain games that don't fit horizontally, just as long as you're not forced to have interlaced (ugh!).

again, huge thanks to Chui and Fox68k!

Dronetek
May 19th, 2006, 19:03
Very cool! Keep up the good work!

DyLucke
May 21st, 2006, 21:43
Soy nuevo en el foro y tal, queria lo primero darte la enhorabuena, tu trabajo es realmente admirable.

He tenido la DC olvidada por un par de años debido a que el homebrew era realmente escaso y deficiente.

Todo el mundo pretendia que con su soft se podía hacer algo y la realidad era un resultado bastante deficiente.

Exceptuando unos cuantos trabajos y un par de ports.
Más me he sorprendido cuando he comprobado que
tienes abiertos varios frentes en emulación para la DC.

Y con sorprendentes resultados.
El NEO4ALL casi lo tienes, el DCASTAWAY es casi perfecto, el MAME4ALL ha resultado un gran avance, y por lo que veo tienes el PSX4ALL prácticamente en el bolsillo.

Por todo ello, te animo a continuar adelante.
Eres el puto amo.

Tu crees que sería posible emular Model3 en la DC o las diferencias de hardware son insalvables? Ya se que el micro de la DC es escasito de potencia, pero desconozco a fondo las diferencias de hard con esa placa.
Y ya que estamos, habría alguna posibilidad de poder conectarle en un futuro un disco duro a la consola?

Gracias!

chui
May 21st, 2006, 22:28
DyLucke, este es un foro en Ingles, usa Dciberia (http://www.dciiberia.net).

DyLucke
May 24th, 2006, 16:36
no problem at all, sorry about that.

I will ask you again, after i congrat you again for your great effort and dedication. Keep it up!

Is it possible to emulate the model3 hardware with our DC? ...I've heard about the hardware is almost the same. But i'm possibly wrong.
And a last question, is it (or will it be) possible to attach a HD drive to our console? Some improvement like this, will allow a great enhancement in the homebrew scene.

Is somebody working on it?

Thanks again chui.