PDA

View Full Version : would any of these 3 emulators be possible?

demonolith
August 8th, 2009, 15:04
PC-FX, Famicom Disk System, or a 32X emulator?

Are those possible on the PSP?

Eviltaco64
August 8th, 2009, 16:55
Famicom Disk System already is emulated in NesterJ.

I'm not sure about 32X. If PicoDrive were really optimized for the PSP, then I'32X emulation could be doable.

I'm sure PC-FX is doable, too.

kojiro7
August 8th, 2009, 22:55
psp has the power to emulate both(32x and pcfx)
but few games deserve our attention from them anyways...

demonolith
August 11th, 2009, 01:21
Oh okay, I tried playing SMB2: The Lost Levels in my Nester J and it didn't work. After that I just assumed it didn't have FDS compatibility.

A PCFX emulator would be sweet though. A ton of good games on that thing.

Tbh, while 32x may not have an extensive library, Kolibri, Knuckles Chaotix, and Star Wars Arcade are all worth it. And call me crazy, but I also really enjoyed Doom on the 32x as well as Cosmic Carnage (prepares flame shield for that one)

Eviltaco64
August 11th, 2009, 02:21
Oh okay, I tried playing SMB2: The Lost Levels in my Nester J and it didn't work. After that I just assumed it didn't have FDS compatibility.

What? It's runs perfectly on mine.

demonolith
August 11th, 2009, 03:40
I tried 3 different FDS games. I tried a different SMB2 the lost levels, Esper Dream, and Suishou no Ryu. None of them worked. I have Nester J v1.11 which I believe is the latest stable version.

UPDATE: I was searching around and someone released an unofficial update to NesterJ which made it play retro commercials at the psp menu screen. Anyways, this version is compatible with the PSP slim, unlike the official release. So if any PSP slim user is having the same problem as me, then search for Retromercial Extravaganza. It was released on Maxconsoles forum. This one plays FDS roms just fine