PDA

View Full Version : Will all PS3's stop working?

wraggster
August 8th, 2009, 15:53
As a user of games, I was already worried about what I'm going to tell you, but since Friday July 31, and I'm not worried, because my PS3 to death, and I collected information from the last 2 weeks over 14 cases equal to mine.

The all powerful Japanese company Sony has sinned, and not for the first time, to build and sell hardware with an expiration date.

Because if once the first units of PlaySation 1 killed by an error in the power supplies, and PlaySation 2 stopped reading discs, now the new PlaySation 3 suffer a design error that condemns that sooner or later all PlaysSation 3 will be stop of work.

This bug has a name YLOD (Yellow Light of Death), the name given by the community of Internet users to an error that is roughly the same error that occurred in the Microsoft Xbox 360 (in this case known as RROD, acronyms Red Ring of Death in Spain known as the 3 red lights).

As we said, this error is the same as that of Microsoft, both in cause and effect, whether the machine that Microsoft error occurred by a mistake coming to overheat leading to the death of the system after short-circuiting desoldarse partially integrated into the system from Sony is about the same result, although there are differences as they occur.

The death of the system in the X360 could produce (and this was in a high percentage of the occasions on which it was presented), after continued use of the system, and in poorly ventilated places, bringing temperatures climb to the temperature critical error, which usually occurred within the warranty period of the system, as Microsoft discovered its error, in addition to assuming his guilt, served with an unusual sense, and should be common practice, increasing the security of system to 3 years which cover a large percentage of these RROD and compensating those who had to pay to repair your money back from repair, and as I said the error is no longer present in new models of Microsoft (at least for those causes).

The demise of the PS3 has a different way that seems almost deliberately to stay out of warranty. Apparently, the cooling system of the PS3 is far better than the Microsft, which limits the sudden death by a high number of hours of gameplay, but does not eliminate the problem, but merely delay it.

In the PS3 to reach a certain temperature, make a slight curvature of motherboard of the system, and make a slight separating what would be the cooling system of the processor (the appointed as Cell BE) and graphics card, it's come to this point where the PS3 has the hours, then finish with the same error as the X360

The main difference is that the best system of ventilation, the most compelling PS3 takes about 2 years to experience this error, with a average use of the system (2 years and 4 months, with 10 hours of game viewing or video a week in my case), and then the PS3 system are outside the warranty .

What Sony has yet to assume his guilt and isnīt providing an extended warranty, because that clearly is an error in the design and manufacture of the system (the Internet community is large and includes engineers, technicians and experts that they arrive at this conclusion, i donīt say source, you only look at your favorite Internet browser to find it).

And what is even worse, if Sony not recognize this error, and they have not announced yet whether this problem has been corrected in later models, it's likely that all PlayStation 3 that are being sold will have the same problem.

I hope that these paragraphs discharges here to make Sony take their share of guilt and to stop these errors, which in my particular case I have to buy another system (in Spain leaves the repair of 230 € with 1 years warranty PS3 now costs € 330 with 2 year warranty, of course I prefer to take a further year by paying € 100 more), and in the past I payed over 600 euros for PS3, and since then I bought about 50 games for her and 10 Blue-Ray movies, which otherwise would no longer enjoy.

Sincerely, Allen Schezard, PSN Id: Schezard.

NOTE: This text is based on personal research conducted, and browsing through hundreds of websites or speaking English or Spanish to find a solution to the failure of my PS3, which has guided me to the view that there is definitely a design problem .

http://streetskaterfu.blogspot.com/2009/08/will-all-ps3s-stop-working.html

WhizzBang
August 8th, 2009, 16:18
Because if once the first units of PlaySation 1 killed by an error in the power supplies, and PlaySation 2 stopped reading discs...

What rubbish. My PS1s (I have 2 - a PAL and an NTSC one) and PS2 both work perfectly well.

Eviltaco64
August 8th, 2009, 16:23
What rubbish. My PS1s (I have 2 - a PAL and an NTSC one) and PS2 both work perfectly well.

Yeah, my SCPH-1001 still plays games perfectly fine.
The fan died out on my PS2, though. :/

jxx2005
August 8th, 2009, 17:37
yea, i'm not worried
i also have both a PS1 and PS2 (mod chip in 1 and softmod on 2) and the both work great

DCergo
August 8th, 2009, 17:51
That article is kind of a joke.

The YLOD occurs in such a small fraction of units, that not only is it well within industry standard accepted failure rates (the ceiling being about 3%), it is nearly statistically insignificant. We can't even say the same for Microsoft, whose failure rates are thought to be as high as 30%.

For more anecdotal evidence, I went through 2 PS1 to collect the iterations (PSX, PSOne) and they worked till the day I put them away. My two PS2s (PS2, PS2Slim) worked well till the end.

My PS3 launch unit is working well and in my opinion, it's the better built console out of the 3 generations of Sony consoles.

ICE
August 8th, 2009, 18:16
My PS1, PS2 and PS3 all work as good as the day I got them. This is just stupid lol.

Stone Temple Pilots
August 8th, 2009, 21:32
That article was very tough to read. Whoever made it does not know how to spellcheck nor proof-read their own work.

Shrygue
August 8th, 2009, 21:43
LOL, I'm don't buy this story, doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, my UK lanuch model 60GB PS3 is still going strong with no problems to date.

Deshevy
August 9th, 2009, 04:41
A story released by Microsoft
This will come true however because Microsoft has planted hundreds of viruses on the PS3 servers that put an endless loop of radomly generated code into the bootup sequence that Freezes the console and flashes the ram

Baboon
August 9th, 2009, 10:15
I went through about 5 ps1's (I had a chip on two of them though so I guess thats my own fault) and they all died (even the turn the machine on its side trick eventualy stopped working) and I also went through two (phat) ps2's which also stopped reading discs. ...and through my mates I know I wasn't the only one to have hardware issues - so you guys are lucky to not have had any prblems with ps1 and ps2.

I think with the current consoles though the ps3 seems the safest bet as its the 360 thats already been proven to be an expensive paper weight with all the rrod shite (I'm on my 5th 360 now lol).

Failedartifact
August 9th, 2009, 11:12
@Allen Schezard.

Maybe no one told you of this, but one of life's fact is that 'Everything that has a beginning, has an end.'

No hardware will run forever, things will burn out, it just happens, and you got to face it.

SOZ!

steve520
August 9th, 2009, 12:40
Hmm thats true it will never last forever but i have to say my PS1 and PS2 still work till this day and i have owned them since they were released. As for the PS3 i don't know if it will last forever since i recently obtained one on my birthday so we'll see if it stands the test of time like my other beloved consoles.

Triv1um
August 9th, 2009, 19:41
100% bullshit.

VampDude
August 9th, 2009, 20:23
Yeah, my SCPH-1001 still plays games perfectly fine.
The fan died out on my PS2, though. :/

My original PS2 died from the fan... Or the fact it sucked dust?

I went through about 5 ps1's (I had a chip on two of them though so I guess thats my own fault) and they all died (even the turn the machine on its side trick eventualy stopped working) and I also went through two (phat) ps2's which also stopped reading discs. ...and through my mates I know I wasn't the only one to have hardware issues - so you guys are lucky to not have had any prblems with ps1 and ps2.

I went through many PSone units, they weren't built to last... Except for the launch consoles, my current PlayStation console has suffered much abuse in the past 6/7 months I've had it... Something my '99 Dual Shock console could never withstand, was being pulled from the short controller wire. My '94 PlayStation has most probably been knocked about by it's previous owner aswell as by me (three pulls of quite a drop), unfortunately it will die by my hand though.

100% bullshit.

About 98.9% bullshit.

Gizmo356
August 11th, 2009, 00:21
I doubt it, Iīve been giving my ps3 heavy use since I bought it and its working fine.

LZMan1
August 11th, 2009, 04:54
my launch U/C PS3 just recently died on me. i think the GPU got fried being that it has been on pretty much 24/7 since i bought it.