PDA

View Full Version : SOAP - Snakes On A Plane

tsurumaru
April 26th, 2006, 23:02
Hi,

I'm not sure if this belongs here exactly, but I was just thinking it would be really funny if someone could come up with a homebrew SOAP game.

Depending on what type of game engine you'd like to use I thought that the games overall structure could be based on levels like an old side scroller (Shinobi) or top down (Frogger/Commando). This could be done by splitting the Plane into sections. Base it on a 747 and you could have.

Cockpit/crew area.
First Class (Upper)
Business Class
Economy Class Front
Economy Class Rear
Cargo Hold
Infrastructure (Upper)

You could start off in say Economy Front and have objectives like:

Find and rescue passengers.
Fight off Snake swarm.
Make your way to Cockpit
Find anti-venom.
Locate and destroy source of outbreak (cargo hold).
and of course timed levels like get to cockpit and land plane etc....

I think theres a fair scope.

Enemies would of course be a number of different snakes. I was thinking that each "type" of snake would have a different attack pattern and therefore strategy to deal with it (perhaps a simple colour coding could be used to identify each species). Multiple snakes on screen could then have to be dealt with in a specific manner therefore adding a bit of strategy.

For example Boa's would attempt to close and crush you. Cobra's would have a set strike distance etc etc.

A variety of weapons could be utilised with different ranges/powers.

Sound would have to of course contain samples of the man himself SLJ.

So anyone willing to pick this idea up? I'd certainly be happy to share ideas etc.

Wally
April 27th, 2006, 00:26
Interesting :)

Maybe you could learn LUA programming and take a challenge and make it yourself..

I would want to play it :) but im no programmer

tsurumaru
April 27th, 2006, 12:15
Interesting :)

Maybe you could learn LUA programming and take a challenge and make it yourself..

I would want to play it :) but im no programmer

Sadly my coding skills are 7h3 5u[ ¦< 5 therefore I was hoping there was someone out there looking for an idea.

A simpler form of the idea would be a Pacman clone where the layout of the plane varies for each level (equivalent to the maze) The snakes replace the ghosts and SLJ replaces Pacman, when ever SLJ gets a Cell chip (Power pill) he is transformed into Solid Snake and can eat the attacking snakes. ^_^;

:)