PDA

View Full Version : Valve planning something for Xbox 360...episodic?

wraggster
April 27th, 2006, 00:05
Valve announced today development of future game releases for Microsoft's Xbox 360 console, with the first (unnamed) title "coming soon." Valve's Gabe Newell said, "The combination of Source and the 360 provides game designers the chance to create powerful entertainment experiences...Whether developing a traditional FPS, RTS, RPG or delving into new genres, the Xbox 360 is a great platform for expanding Source and our game experiences.”

Of course there is no mention of what this mystery title is, as they're undoubtedly saving the big reveal for E3. But what could it be? We know Microsoft is interested in episodic distribution (Peter Moore told me so himself) and that Ritual is interested in bringing their Source-based SiN Episodes to the 360 (they've said so), so it seems a reasonable assumption that Valve could be bringing the episodic efforts of SiN and Half-Life 2 to the 360 platform, with Microsoft making the big announcement at E3.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/26/valve-planning-something-for-xbox-360-episodic/

SmashinGit
April 27th, 2006, 18:25
Great news, I already have Halflife 2 on pc and Xbox, I love the game so much if it came out on the 360 with enhancements, I would probably buy it again!

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 19:18
BOO im not impressed i took my buggy ass xbox 360 back and got my money!!!ill be damned if i settle for wanna be version of a REAL HIGH DEF SYSTEM THAT RUNS AT REAL HIGH DEF SPEEDS and sadly my 360 was not when i found out that the ps3 was REAL TRUE STATISTIC high def system i went to go get my gaming funds back!!! keep your pesace of bugged up crap mr gates...im not at all impressed i now know the hardware in each system....the xbox may have been better than ps2 grafix but you sorry MF with BIAS are gonna miss out on the BETTER CONSOLE you BEST BELEAVE the ps3 is WAY BETTER HARDWARE, A BIGGER LIBRARY OF GAMES AS ALWAYS AND LESS IF ANY BUGS!!! SO WHATEVER!! lol....long as im not getting ripped off...lmao @ the ppl who werent smart enough to just be patient for a high def blueray sony ps3!!!!!

SmashinGit
April 27th, 2006, 20:46
As far as I was aware theres no law saying that just because you have a 360 you can't own a PS3 or Revolution or any other console come to think of it.