PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Update - Did somebody say "Let it begin?"

wraggster
August 11th, 2009, 19:07
Yes, we did.
You've seen some requested videos during the last days, now it's time for some more facts and information, eh?

Well, the review of the complete case and the keymat is finished. There were a few small issues that we already corrected and on Monday the company did tell us "Everything is ready, we can start when you are ready".
And guess what - we were ready! Finally all issues of the case and keymat have been resolved and they are now working on the mould.

DJWillis has also made some progress with WiFi. Basically, he can communicate with the Module, only calibration doesn't work yet. As soon as he gets this to work, WiFi will work completely - including WPA, etc.

Regarding software, we were discussing about using cpasjuste's GUI as minimal launcher, since it is so much nicer than matchbox and it's just a program you run, not a complete WindowManager.
So we're currently thinking about using E17 as fully fledged desktop and cpasjuste's GUI as minimal mode for the gamers who don't want to use a complete desktop.
That way we don't need two window manager and starting the minimal GUI is easy - just use it as autostart program.

I know there are still plenty of things to do - and the worst thing is that there won't be many pictures while waiting for all companies to finish... but we're still getting there, step by step.

http://www.openpandora.org/blog.php

kojiro7
August 11th, 2009, 21:04
perharps they need 1 more year...so much delay...

AdamRav
August 12th, 2009, 23:59
How much do you think this will retail for?

kojiro7
August 13th, 2009, 00:09
maybe around 200 euro
i am not sure,but i am sure hardware problems will occur

retrorom
August 22nd, 2009, 13:21
This reminds me of Gran Turismo for PSP